Hondo's Bar

New Forum: Figures, Statues and Collectibles?

Panch

Toy Forum.  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yesh.

Toys, Tabletop Games, Etc.

Candlemaking, quilting, kniiting, stamp collecting, scrapbooking, calligraphy, painting/drawing, ceramics/pottery, numismatics, model building and using radio controlled devices, antiques, jewelrymaking photography, magic tricks, ham radio operating, puppetry and ventriloquism, dumpster diving, garedning, flint knapping, soap making, genealogy, homebrewing, handwriting analysis, urban exploration, taxidermy, pyrotechnics, juggling, beachcombing, astronomy, bird watching,... etc.

How about forums for these:

Diaper Changing

Invasion Planning

Hog Butchering

Ships, and how to Conn them

Building Design

Sonnet Writing and Critique

Accounting (Sub-forum for Balancing your checkbook)

Construction (ie. how to build a wall that don't fall down too soon)

Bone Setting

Comforting the Dying

Taking Orders (with 'how to bootlick' as a sticky)

Giving Orders (how to be an asshole!)

Cooperation Station

Acting Alone

Solving Equations and other dumb Math things

Analysis of Problems

Manure Pitching

Computer Programing

How to Cook a TASTY Meal

Fighting Efficiently

Dying Gallantly

I think this is a good idea.

Or, we could consider what I'm suggesting: a forum dedicated to hobbies in general instead of just collecting toys.

dont you angryface me

i see why an umbrella of a "hobbies" subforum appeals more, its just funny to think itd be full of model planes, basketweaving etc rather than mostly "OMG THE NEW MARVEL LEGENDS MOON KNIGHT LOOKS SO PIMP"

dont you angryface me

i see why an umbrella of a "hobbies" subforum appeals more, its just funny to think itd be full of model planes, basketweaving etc rather than mostly "OMG THE NEW MARVEL LEGENDS MOON KNIGHT LOOKS SO PIMP"

I'm not. I'm irritated at having my stance misrepresented and dismissed so insultingly by Spycer. My stance is that I'm fine with a subforum for collectables, but I think that if we are going to do a new full fledged forum, it should be devoted to a larger overall subject (hobbies in this case), rather than a smaller section (like Figures, Statues and Collectibles) that only has a few at most threads already.

I honestly don't believe its warranted, but I think a trial is necessary, so I have a proposition:

Start the threads you believe require it's own subforum, probably in culture I'd assume, and if the content doesn't truly fit in the aformentioned forum or garners enough attention/popularity to make it's own forum/subforum, then one will be made.

That's what happened with Economics.

With all the new forums for things in last year or so (anime going frontpage, hon(dos) pretty much tanking, bar and grill etc etc) I think a rethink of the current forums wouldnt hurt. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone when I say things are getting a tad crowded and some forums are just plain stagnating.

That said, I may have voted No for a statues and figures forum but an overall collecting, toys and (real) games forum could be good. Things like 40k, board games as well as random collections you care to mention. Up to and including decorative ceramic cats. Broad strokes, people.

With all the new forums for things in last year or so (anime going frontpage, hon(dos) pretty much tanking, bar and grill etc etc) I think a rethink of the current forums wouldnt hurt. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone when I say things are getting a tad crowded and some forums are just plain stagnating.

That said, I may have voted No for a statues and figures forum but an overall collecting, toys and (real) games forum could be good. Things like 40k, board games as well as random collections you care to mention. Up to and including decorative ceramic cats. Broad strokes, people.

Any of you actually play 40k? I just recently started looking in to playing, and didn't think that hondonians might be players. Hurm.

I was once upon a time but was more into the collecting, painting and fiction of it than the actual tabletop game. Mainly because I couldn't stand to be in a games workshop for more than ten minutes. I just got whatever I needed and avoided eye contact with anyone. I exaggerate but there does tend to be pretty strange folk in there.

I was once upon a time but was more into the collecting, painting and fiction of it than the actual tabletop game. Mainly because I couldn't stand to be in a games workshop for more than ten minutes. I just got whatever I needed and avoided eye contact with anyone. I exaggerate but there does tend to be pretty strange folk in there.

Yeah that's kind of how I felt about it. The people are bothersome, but my brother and best friend are starting playing, so I think I will play, just not at the store if I can help it.

Stores have the best terrain pieces, but then given the time & resources you could build your own & maybe even host your own meets should the desire arise. Regarding pieces of Hondos dying off right now, I've adressed it in FC: That's pretty much all of Hondos right now. A diplomatic rethink could work, but don't go blaming poor traffic in certain areas on ill-placed topics. Things are tough all over.

Nah the overall slow down is just a standard thing for this time of year. When the northern hemisphere gets cold again we'll be back to normal. The core forums are generally quite active (movies, comics, town square etc) but I damn near saw a tumbleweed blow through some parts. The diplomatic thing is all well and good but I refuse to believe that three members were doing any more for this place than most active posters of the time. Don't get me wrong SiBob was a cool guy and had mad skills and Jesi was cool from what I could see. I just dont like putting any more stock in certain members than others. It feels unfair to the people that are still posting and contributing.

Archived