Hondo's Bar

Final Fantasy XV

The NZA

I enjoyed the Platinum Demo much more than Episode Duscae. Very Kingdom Hearts-y. And it looks goddamn beautiful. I kind of hope there is a photo mode of some sort.

Also the

Iron Giant fight

really got me excited to play more too.

God I hope this is good.

Man, It's hard to believe that, by the time it's released in September, it will have been just over a decade since the reveal trailer. I think I would have jumped off a bridge if they finished off that trailer back then with "Coming in 2016".

Sqeenix better up their production if they want to hit FFXXVII by 2027, as promised in Deus Ex.

• 4 months later...

Man, It's hard to believe that, by the time it's released in September.

S9eei.gif

TOKYO / LONDON / LOS ANGELES (Aug. 15, 2016) – To deliver the iconic FINAL FANTASY experience to audiences around the world, SQUARE ENIX® today announced that the global release date for FINAL FANTASY® XV will be November 29, 2016.

This release date will allow the development teams time to further polish and conduct quality testing so that the reality of the game can match the expectations of both the fans and the creative teams.

“From the moment we joined this project, our vision was to create a level of freedom and realism previously unseen in the series. Regrettably, we need a little bit more time to deliver on this vision and are confident that this new release date will help us achieve this,” said Hajime Tabata the game director. “As the director and lead of this project, I wish to personally apologize for the additional wait. As a team, we want FINAL FANTASY XV to achieve a level of perfection that our fans deserve. We kindly ask for your understanding.”

CWC2fSrW4AIDzcP.png

• 4 weeks later...
This limited edition bundle will include the FFXV themed 1TB PS4 system, DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller and the immense Final Fantasy XV: Deluxe Edition. In case you’ve missed it, Final Fantasy XV: Deluxe Edition is a Steelbook including Final Fantasy XV on Blu-Ray disc, the full-length CGI animated movie Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV on Blu-Ray disc, and bonus in-game content. In other words, it’s unbeatable value for any Final Fantasy fan.

29620990836_c29602487a_o.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I'm having a good time with it, but it's still early and I keep hearing it gets more linear in the last few chapters of the game. However (light spoiler)

The game does not end when you beat it. You can keep playing the game

I think you can replay chapters too. Not sure though. One thing is certain, it's pretty as fuck.

Well shit

wmdnb65.png

Edited by Axels

I'm nervous about picking it up. I mean, I want Square to make final fantasy great again - and all the interviews up until this point they were talking about how this one HAS to be amazing or thats the end of the series...but 12 was the last single player one I played and loved and RIGHT as I was about to drop the big bucks for 13 I heard how shitty it was and took 2 other games to even be interesting.

...I guess I'll just wait, that's a big cash/time investment to drop on a risk right now.

Ok so I'm at a point in the game that I would say is the equivalent to the final disc of 7,8 or 9. The last few chapters are indeed quite linear, but no restrictive. You are able to go back to the open world and work on more quests (and others don't become available til beating the game).

It's not perfect (story is janky as hell and the camera is a mess at times.) but this is a great game. All of the characters are likable and Noctis isn't the mopey emo that many feared he would be. Is he mopey? Sure, when it's appropriate, but not overly dark and gothy. I'm heading back through to buff the party a bit before completing the last couple chapters, but overall? This was worth the wait.

Just finished it. Main story that is. The story is pretty underdeveloped unfortunately, but the relationships and the characters are done extraordinarily well. This is probably my favorite main cast since FF9. And there are some real feels that happen at the end. And, if there was just a little bit more time spent on storytelling we would have had the best villain in the entire series. Even with what's given the big bad is alot of fun.

It's a worthy entry in the series overall, which makes me really happy.

Be aware that Chapter 13 fucking sucks. Seems to be a theme with Final Fantasy at this point.

Also Kingsglaive, the cg movie tie in, is kind of a essential viewing to clear up some story shit. It isn't bad though! It's fun and has some cool action in it. It just kinda sucks that you need a movie to get more perspective. Definitely worth a watch on it's own merit though.