Hondo's Bar

Donkey Kong Country Returns

The NZA

291mgyb.png

A New Country for Old Friends

Controlled by a group of evil Tikis, the animals in Donkey Kong Island have raided Donkey Kong's Banana Hoard and stolen his stash of bananas - and he understandably wants them back. Retro Studios brings Donkey Kong™ back in a new side-scrolling adventure with familiar characters and new levels that reignite the passion players had for the Super NES™ original.

Features:

* Retro Studios faithfully restores everything that made the original series great, from barrel cannons to mine carts, and then builds on those elements with stunning graphics and new layers of depth to the world and game play. The game offers the traditional side-scrolling experience everyone loved, but with levels created in fully rendered 3-D environments.

* Diddy Kong™ joins the quest. With his trusty backpack, he can produce a jet pack or Peanut Pop Guns to give Donkey Kong more abilities.

* For the first time ever, the franchise features the ability for two people to play together at the same time (additional accessories required and are sold separately) - one as Donkey Kong, one as Diddy Kong. Players can navigate the levels separately or as one unit. Diddy Kong can ride on Donkey Kong's back and hop off whenever he pleases, allowing novice players to ride on Donkey Kong's back through more challenging areas of the game.

Hidden items, puzzle pieces and other surprises are found all through the jungle. Spell out K-O-N-G by the end of each level to earn an extra bonus.

* Motion controls give players a real feeling of control. Players move Donkey Kong using the Control Stick on the Nunchuk™ controller and can shake the Wii Remote™ controller to make Donkey Kong slap the ground.

* Vibrant colors, beautiful graphics and fun characters draw players in. Even people who have never played a Donkey Kong game before can pick up a controller and start collecting loads of bananas.

* Every level offers new fun and new challenges. Sometimes Donkey Kong is running through the jungle, sometimes his action takes place on a tropical beach and other times he must become a master of timing as he jumps chasms in a mine cart.

Genre: 2-D Platformer

Players: 1 - 2

Developer: Retro Studios

Release: Holiday 2010

2v8iclc.jpg

yessssssss

just no more bees, i hated those goddamn bees.

if you want, i can just copy and paste that onto any of the new Wii game threads, given that motion control systems are gonna have motion control games and all. :ghost:

Go right ahead and save me the trouble of doing so.

How hard is it to give people the option to play with a controller?

NMH 2 did it so why can't Nintendo?

Go right ahead and save me the trouble of doing so.

How hard is it to give people the option to play with a controller?

NMH 2 did it so why can't Nintendo?

Why can't I play my Rock Band drums with a computer keyboard? Why can't I play Final Fantasy XIII on my Dreamcast and use a Colecovision controller to do it? Why can't I play Red Dead Redemption with a ceramic mortar and pestle? Maybe the biggest question of all, what is so frustrating to you about the flick of your wrist? Assuming it's like Super Mario Galaxy mid-air spin move, that's all it will be.

• 1 month later...
Why can't I play my Rock Band drums with a computer keyboard? Why can't I play Final Fantasy XIII on my Dreamcast and use a Colecovision controller to do it? Why can't I play Red Dead Redemption with a ceramic mortar and pestle? Maybe the biggest question of all, what is so frustrating to you about the flick of your wrist? Assuming it's like Super Mario Galaxy mid-air spin move, that's all it will be.

Because when you hit a red pad or a blue pad in Rock Band, the system & controller communicate effectively enough to convey the appropriate action. The Wii simply asks you to spaz out with it's insipid little wand and it'll interpret it in a hundred different ways. I'd play more Wii if it had a regular controller/wavebird option for most games.

Well that's not entirely true. It'd still be behind the two consoles I have that are more relevant to my interests.

i think you're thinking of Goldeneye & such; Rare only got to work with Nintendo's IPs when working for them. if there's any game company i can imagine not agreeing to let a 2nd party touch a property of theirs without 100% control over the IP, it's Nintendo.

• 9 months later...

Holy jeez this game is nerve racking. Every bit as much as the originals, and maybe more due to the whole controllerflick-to-roll thing which makes things even more intense, albeit tiring. So much fun though :D

more gameplay for those missing out and just more for the thread :P

Edited by axel_napalm

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...