Hondo's Bar

Games I Just Beat

Ron Hightower

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Finally got around to finishing it on the hardest difficulty (the only way to play this game, honestly. It's too easy to out level your zone if you're a completionist and Blacksmithing can turn you into a walking wall of doom with little effort).

I haven't quite gotten all the achievements yet, but I'm posting here anyway.

Some stats:

Time played - 80 hours 44 minutes

Enemies Killed - 4,665

Damage Dealt - 9,124,866

Gold Earned - 5,208,772

Quests Completed - 196

Locations Discovered - 154

Hidden Treasure Found - 252

Weapons and Armor Salvaged - 2,355

Largest Bounty - 174,131

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you stick with any particular class through most of it? I tried all of the classes and once I got past lvl 16 I tried out all the skills, but tended to go with a Ranged/Mage class. Still haven't beaten it, but I will get back around to it one of these days.

I respecced something like 20 times. What I ended up liking the most was a Warrior/Mage. Focusing on Chakrams on the mage side, because chakrams are the shit. Then the sustained bubble and the mana reducer and the flame thing just because it jacks up ALL flame damage on the 2nd tier.

Warrior for Relentless Assault. Not being staggered by getting hit makes your life sooo much easier, and then whatever else to get you up to the sustained berzerker ability.

You get a nice blink that replaces your dodge, you can still throw some spells, and you can wear heavy armor and throw dem chakrams. I absolutely raped the end of the game on hard.

Well, to be fair, the only situations I really like chakrams in are every situation in the game. I was just toying with them at first, whipped up some high damage ones. Later in the day I realized I hadn't used any other weapon for hours.

If the game is equated with Dynasty Warriors, chakrams are for crowd clearing. I love crowd clearing.

• 1 month later...

Finally got back around to finishing Shadow of the Colossus.... blown the fuck away at this game. I kept forgetting it was a PS2 game, it was so damn gorgeous. Now I need to tackle ICO eventually. I'd relly like to see some sort of sequel or spiritual successor to it. I know that The Last Guardian is from the same brain as these games too right? That'll be cool.

Archived