Hondo's Bar

Playstation 4

gunsmithx

there are no metroids right now, sadly...but Earthbound is still GOTY, that's true

don't misunderstand, i get that there's titles at launch, im saying none of it really appeals to me, certainly not at full price. Killzone = another shootybang, yay! Infamous Again might be fun but im not in a hurry for more of it just yet. then there's racers for spiffy and maybe gunsmith, and Knack, a title that people apparently dig because it's Cerny (the more i see it, the more i'm thinking it could be an alright rental).

that Order game won't be there yet, and i don't think ive seen gameplay yet either. i've been around the block with playstation launches, and PS1 was literally the only time i did it right & waited till a year past and the games showed up. PS2 was DVD's & Tekken Tag until around the 1 year mark when MGS2, DMC & FFX dropped, PS3 was basically a barren fucking wasteland until Uncharted 1 a full year later. i don't expect the PS3 situation again, and i'm not even saying i need MGS5/FF XV, i just want something that looks remotely interesting for me to shell out $400 before the game itself.

you know what was a good start today? Rime.

Oh shit that does look cool.

Shadow of the Beast might be fun... but it definitely doesn't look like itll be for everybody.

Read that was a reboot? Haven't heard of it before. It looks like it could be really bad too, but playing as some kinda demon Daken looks pretty sweet.

Edited by axel_napalm

interesting looking SHMUP, and the circular stages gave me a slight NiGHTS vibe too, could be fun

It's free for PS+ members.

Read that was a reboot? Haven't heard of it before. It looks like it could be really bad too, but playing as some kinda demon Daken looks pretty sweet.

It's a remake of an Amiga game.

UI's lookin' clean (and ad free so far!), kinda like their current PSN store but not running like butt. the jump from watching a friend playing to joining in looked smooth as well, hopefully that pans out.

ive been saying for years: until there's enough RAM to check gamefaqs/youtube guides in-game, i could care less about browsers & most apps...looks like this one might finally let that happen (presumably X1 will as well).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Trying out this Playstation Now. They just added subs to it so you can do a month for 19.99 or 3 months for 44.99. A much better deal than before (like, 15 bucks for a week for one game). It's essentially like a streaming gamefly now. Working pretty smooth for me so far! There's a 7 day trial too for those interested.

Input lag is next to nothing for me, I don't notice it. So far I've tried Dead Island Riptide, Final Fantasy 13 and I'm on Sniper Elite V2 right now. Resolution is getting more noticeable as I play, but it's not too shabby!

There's a connection test you can do on there too in case your net isn't up to it, though I don't know how accurate that is.

Edited by Axels

• 2 weeks later...

15763979424_11d12bbb1b_z.jpg

We know how important music is to our community of gamers, and this partnership combines the best in music with the best in gaming. PlayStation Network users will enjoy the convenience of linking your accounts to Spotify, making it easy to sign-up with your existing ID and subscribe to Spotify’s Premium service.

You can also use Spotify while playing games on PS4, enabling you to soundtrack your gaming sessions with your favorite songs in the background. Want something heavy and rocking for an intense Destiny Raid? How about some old school hip hop while taking the field in Madden NFL?

With more than 30 million songs and 1.5 billion playlists, Spotify on PlayStation Music has it covered. As we get closer to launch we look forward to telling you about some of the other great features that will be available exclusively through Spotify on PlayStation Music.

The new service will launch initially on PS4 and PS3, as well as Xperia smartphones and tablets. You’ll of course be able to listen to your favorite playlists – including existing playlists from current Spotify users as well as Spotify curated playlists – and enjoy the service on all of Spotify’s supported devices.

Prior to the launch of Spotify on PlayStation Music, the Music Unlimited service will close in all 19 countries on March 29, 2015. Nearly all of these countries will be among the 41 markets where PlayStation Music featuring Spotify will be available at launch, including the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Brazil.

From February 28, 2015, Music Unlimited users with active subscriptions will receive free access to Music Unlimited through March 29, 2015.

Stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog for more details on PlayStation Music featuring Spotify, and in the meantime you can sign up for updates here.

Yes. Both versions of Spotify, free and premium, will be available when we launch Spotify on PlayStation Music.

The PlayStation Music featuring Spotify launch markets are as follows: Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, UK and USA

• 1 month later...

While developing the PlayStation 4 system, our hardware and software teams relied on feedback from our community of developers. The result is the most innovative and forward-thinking gaming console in the market today. Since launch, PlayStation has continued that trend of listening to feedback by bringing some of the most highly requested features from the PlayStation Nation to PS4 with each of our system software updates. When we unveiled PS4 two years ago, we announced Suspend/Resume, a feature that would enable PS4 users to jump in and out of their games faster than ever. This has been a feature gamers have been excited about since then, and today I am honored to officially confirm that system software update 2.50, “Yukimura,” will soon deliver Suspend/Resume, as well as a number of other requested features to PS4.

Suspend/Resume, which will be supported by nearly all PS4 titles, will create an atmosphere where your games are immediately available at any time — just pick up your DualShock 4 wireless controller, hit the PS button and get right back into the action of your games. When it’s time to log off, simply put your PS4 in Rest Mode and when you power up the next time, you’ll start your game where you left off. Spend less time getting into your games and more time playing them.

Here are some of the other highly requested new features and changes coming soon in “Yukimura:”

• Sub-account to Master account Upgrade: Users with a sub-account will now be able to upgrade to a master account directly from their PS4 when they turn 18, removing restrictions for chat, enabling users to fund their own wallet, make purchases and more. Currently, users can upgrade their sub-accounts online at https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/.
  • Facebook Friend Search: Gamers globally have jumped into PS4 as a redefined social gaming experience and connecting with friends over the network is a huge part of what makes the PS4 community so special. PlayStation now lets you go even bigger by connecting with your Facebook friends on PS4 using your linked account. Search for Facebook friends who are PlayStation Network members and build on the foundation of Friends you already have in your list.
  • Remote Play & Share Play at 60 fps: For games that support 60 fps, the ability to customize the frame rate of Remote Play and Share Play will be added with “Yukimura.” Play to your bandwidth strengths and use this option to stream gameplay at 60 or 30 fps when using Remote Play or Share Play on supported devices.
  • Accessibility Options: “Yukimura” introduces a wide variety of options to make their PS4 entertainment experience even more accessible. Options include text to speech, enlarged text, bolder fonts, higher contrast UI, zoom for displayed pictures, invert colors on screen and more. Users will also be able to reassign buttons for DualShock 4, making it easier for users with limited manual dexterity or limited reach and strength to play.
  • Trophy Improvements: We have received a ton of feedback to improve Trophies. In “Yukimura,” a screenshot will automatically be captured at the moment a Trophy is earned, making it easier than ever for you to share your greatest gaming moments with your friends. We’re also adding more sorting options along with the new ability to remove games from the Trophy list that have 0% completion.
  • Share Video Clips to Dailymotion: When sharing standout PS4 moments via the Share button on DualShock 4, “Yukimura” will allow players to upload directly to Dailymotion.

• 3 weeks later...
The Spotify app is available now - from 10am, Monday 30th March - in 41 markets worldwide, including the UK. It's free and most PS4 users will find it's on their consoles already, replacing Music Unlimited in the menu. It was a hidden background download in last week's system update.

• 2 months later...
The Media Player works with both your home server and when plugging a USB stick with media into one of the available ports on the PS4. Your home server will appear as a media option in the player automatically and finding your media is simple and quick. You may also simply enjoy music as background music on your PS4!

Supported file formats and codecs

Video

MKV

Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2

Audio: MP3, AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)

AVI

Visual: MPEG4 ASP, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2

Audio: MP3, AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)

MP4

Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2

Audio: AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)

MPEG-2 TS

Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2, MPEG2 Visual

Audio: MP2 (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2), AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)

AVCHD: (.m2ts, .mts)

Photo

JPEG (based on DCF 2.0/Exif 2.21)

BMP

PNG

Music

MP3

AAC (M4A)

• 5 months later...
We are getting things started with a bang by launching with eight fan favorites tomorrow:

Dark Cloud — $14.99

Grand Theft Auto III — $14.99

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City — $14.99

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas — $14.99

Rogue Galaxy — $14.99

The Mark of Kri — $14.99

Twisted Metal: Black — $9.99

War of the Monsters — $9.99

Having these titles available on PS4 is already incredibly exciting for us, but we did not stop there. We have brought these titles forward to meet today’s gaming standards by adding Trophy support! Each title’s Trophy set has been carefully developed in conjunction with feedback from the original creators to be sure that they capture the spirit and feeling of each game.

Also, you will be able to experience all of these PS2 games like never before — in up-rendered 1080p with the features you expect from a PS4 game including Remote Play, Live Broadcast, Share Play, Activity Feeds, and Second Screen support for game manuals with PlayStation Vita or PlayStation App.