Hondo's Bar

Supergirl

After several weeks of speculation and uncertainty, Supergirl has been renewed for a second season – but it’s not without changes.

According to Deadline, Supergirl will move to CBS’s sister network CW, which is already home to Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and The Flash, which recently crossed over with Supergirl.

Supergirl will also reportedly relocate to filming in Vancouver, a move that is designed to reduce the show’s budgetary requirements, which were cited as one of the main obstacles to its renewal at CBS.

Though Deadline doesn’t outright say if Supergirl will also “move” to the shared DC TV Universe of The Flash, Arrow and Legends, given this season’s Flash crossover, the multiple Earths already established in The Flash, and DC’s history with universe-merging Crises, a merge is both possible and probably beneficial.

Now I gotta go back and finish the first season. Groan. #firstworldproblems

• 2 months later...

I dunno--that whole pic looks off. I'm sure that dude is in great shape, but compared to Cavill's Superman he looks like a rich teen doing cosplay. The faces are also way photoshopped and Supes' costume is not 100%. Boots & belt seem clunky and the neckline is like something you'd see on an evening gown. Why do we need to see the Man of Steel's clavicles? Yeah, and the spit curl would be nice.

• 1 month later...

Now I gotta go back and finish the first season. Groan. #firstworldproblems

So, I've done this (not technically done. I've two episodes left of the season, but I'm comfortable enough to give my re-review) and I really like this show. Like, REALLY like it. Yeah, the effects are still butt (they've gotten better), but the characters are great and there's a lot of heart there. I'm glad I gave it another chance. It'll be a worthy addition to the CW lineup of DC "super" shows. Officially hyped!

• 2 weeks later...