Hondo's Bar

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

The NZA

Sony's animated Spider-Man film will star Miles Morales

Animated Spider-Man movie will star Miles Morales. Just saw some early test footage at Sony. Looks cool but too early to really judge it.

note: this is the Phil Lord and Chris Miller animated film that has nothing to do with the MCU

tweets from SonyPictures:

@PhilipLord and @ChrizMillr are bringing the Miles Morales story to the big screen in all-new animated stand-alone SPIDER-MAN feature.

53451a0892279a47d239e42e1380f7f92e2ecd7c_hq.jpg

no confirmation on goldballs yet

Edited by Axels

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Animation looks like typical anime, to me.  Mega-static n' minimal.

True gauge is gonna be an action sequence - but, yeah - that web-swingin' at the beginning (@0:15) was pretty rough.

I ain't gotz the 'cable tv' - gonna hafta wait for youtube clips to see if I'll grab this Complete Series on blu.  Got the 'Spectacular' series on blu - that 90s cartoon needs a freakin' DVD release!  The lack of physical media-love for that series is criminal.

• 4 months later...

Jake Johnson is Peter Parker in ‘Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse’ & Mahershala Ali also joins cast

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is directed by Peter Ramsey, Bob Persichetti, and Rodney Rothman. It features the voice talents of Shameik Moore, Jake Johnson, Liev Schreiber, Mahershala Ali, and Bryan Tyree Henry, and it arrives in theaters on December 14, 2018.

• Really Like 1

was just talking about this one with Jax - he's worried because big-budget animated films that aren't disney/pixar/etc can often struggle to do well.  really hoping the holiday release & strength of the brand carries this one, cause yeah, it does look cool so far. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Spider-Ham, Spider-Man Noir and Peni Parker confirmed for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse panel is on at San Diego Comic-Con, and they've just confirmed that Spider-Ham (John Mulaney), Spider-Man Noir (Nicolas Cage) and Peni Parker (Kimiko Glen) will feature in the movie. They've announced all the voice actors as well.

art1pf3p.jpg

i am ready for this shit to drop like tomorrow 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

agreed! introducing Miles alone would've been big enough, but the spider-verse actually worked too and it felt almost seamless. this was so cool and so comic-y in a way that worked. this might be one of my favorite marvel flicks & i hope the studio gets more!

took me a second with what happened to pete to realize that of course this is the ultimate timeline where miles came from, so broken 616 spidey after that was a blast

also i successfully stayed away from any info on this that i could so i can't believe i live in an era where peter porker spider-ham worked, that's incredible

The soundtrack was great also

Listened to the whole thing the other night. It's one of those soundtracks that works better in the context of the movie rather than by itself (Lots of autotune, hi pitch stuff) I want that Run DMC remix they had playing during his tagging scene though, that was great. And the score itself. I love Gwens theme. 

48374067_10215061123220491_1285029235433

Edited by Axels
  • Upvote 1
  • Wow! 1