Hondo's Bar

Godzilla: Monster Planet

Keth

• 1 month later...
In the year 2048, the human race is forced to leave Earth after decades of losing against Godzilla and other giant monsters. They take a twenty-year journey to another planet called Tau Ceti e, but upon arrival, they discover that the planet has become uninhabitable. As living conditions on their ship deteriorates, a young man named Haruo spearheads a movement to return to Earth and take it back from the monsters. The ship returns successfully, but they realize that 20,000 years have passed, with Earth's ecosystem having evolved to become centered around Godzilla.[1]

I'm afraid they are gonna do that crappy CG/Anime style like the new Berserk, but that synopsis sounds really damn cool.

• 2 months later...

LOL - they didn't show shit!

The tiny fragments of animation...looks like typical anime - to my eyes. I'm not as big an anime fan (familiar / knowledgeable) as I'd like to be, but that looked pretty damn high quality / cinematic.

I'm easily impressed w/ anime - I haven't been desensitized yet w/ all dem different styles.

Totally onboard - gonna click that thumbnail as soon as I see it on the 'Flix.

• 6 months later...