Hondo's Bar

How and what are you smoking?

Jables

I didn't know where to put this so any guidance appreciated. 

But with the mainstream integration and mostly legalised status across our respective countries, it's not just 'whatever the guy off craigslist had' or whatever. I mean, I can order strains and shit from my Doctor. I love it! My daytime/ work weed is a 25% called Topaz. Little fruity but nice head high, keeps me upright and switched on when i need it.

For night time I have a 28% called Jet Fuel Gelato that's a very heavy body high, really only good for sleeping since I don't shoot for couch lock anymore. 

Now can we talk devices, lads and ladies? can we????

I fucking LOVE Dynavap gear. It's changed the game for being able to smoke in public discreetly. Having previously been exclusively about the billy/bong, this is also healthier by a factor of a bajillion, by my estimate. Pictured below is my collection. 

Media-2.jpg

• Wow! 1

1280px-Winners_Don't_Use_Drugs.svg.png

might move this to one of the forums closed from guests

😅

i burned through what i brought over here & failed to find a nearby/reliable connect, but a friend did hook up a ton of some kinda vape cartridges when they went straight edge earlier this year.  right at this moment, i'm doing sweet fuckall since i'm looking to possibly have an interview or two in the coming weeks and need to make sure i'll pass whatever piss test i get, which between that & some sobriety at the moment honestly sucks.  the good news?  this is a perfect example to use up the remaining acid i have soon because most businesses aren't enough narcs to pay for the tests that use hair, so that's something

• Thanks 1

Yeah man, move wherever. I picked here because it broadly falls under 'consumables' . 

I forget what picturesque state you reside in now, but what's the regulation like there? As for vape carts, like the liquid stuff, if it were my only alternative to sobriety I'd probably go hard but I worry about what's in those.

...yeah

shit is fucked, man.  like, you can literally live in a state where weed is regulated for recreational use (not just medicinal/with a prescription!) and still lose your job for failing a drug test, because there's a federal ban that many jobs hide behind - or say that you're not supposed to be on TCH on the job, despite certain tests finding edibles/etc in your system for up to a month.  meanwhile, blood alcohol levels taper off within like 8-12 hours or so. and most of the country thinks both should be regulated the same way - as opposed to what we currently enjoy, which is marijuana as a schedule 1/class drug (meaning, highest possible addiction rate & zero medicinal use, yes you read that right, it's up there with heroin & hard opiates). 

recreational weed is literally kinder on your body/mind that booze, but we all either skip the former or indulge the latter & find routes to pass a pee test when in applying phase.  when you realize that alcohol is literally the only drug that can kill you in its withdrawl phase, you start to understand how much of this is built around factors other than actual public health

4 hours ago, the division of joy said:

There was me thinking this would be about bbqing meats.

Sorry to disappoint, pardner. You, and Jesus. 

5 hours ago, The NZA said:

...yeah

Hide contents

shit is fucked, man.  like, you can literally live in a state where weed is regulated for recreational use (not just medicinal/with a prescription!) and still lose your job for failing a drug test, because there's a federal ban that many jobs hide behind - or say that you're not supposed to be on TCH on the job, despite certain tests finding edibles/etc in your system for up to a month.  meanwhile, blood alcohol levels taper off within like 8-12 hours or so. and most of the country thinks both should be regulated the same way - as opposed to what we currently enjoy, which is marijuana as a schedule 1/class drug (meaning, highest possible addiction rate & zero medicinal use, yes you read that right, it's up there with heroin & hard opiates). 

recreational weed is literally kinder on your body/mind that booze, but we all either skip the former or indulge the latter & find routes to pass a pee test when in applying phase.  when you realize that alcohol is literally the only drug that can kill you in its withdrawl phase, you start to understand how much of this is built around factors other than actual public health

The horse's corpse just wants to rest so all I'll say in response to the above is

that i agree with you unequivocably. The generation who raised us and those before them were so indoctrinated, even the demonstrable value of application as a post-chemo therapy isn't enough to bring them around. 

Luckily for me the stakes are low as fuck in that I choose my jobs based on whether they're interested in my piss(the more sensible organisations grow with the times and have revised policy on this stuff, and at the end of the day I'm not expected to operate heavy machinery or save lives like you). Infact, I theorise that implementing a more regular smoking schedule into my working day has made me a better employee. Here's to hoping you find something and don't have to 'fast' too long.

1 minute ago, the division of joy said:

For the record, its brined Turkey Breast and Brisket on a pellet smoker for me.

Sensible choices, I just can't decide if brined turkey sounds delicious or awful. Also kudos to you for figuring out airflow. I think i have the theory licked, but am waiting for the weather to turn so I can see if I can keep the thing hot long enough to actually cook anything.