Hondo's Bar

Movie Quotes

What'd you think of The Last Castle anyway, Sig? I thought Gandolfini really got overlooked in that one, he was great.

I thought the last castle was great. I rather like Redford, and I think Gandolfini was pretty good in that. Gandolfini was a good guy right at the beginning, fulla respect and all that... then turned sour when Redford mocked him for being a paper pusher and not a soldier, showed both sides. In fact, I think I need to see it again, been awhile.

and Christy...your quote sounds like a biblical one, but I can place it... sounds Ben Hurr era'ish. Charlston Heston! ha eh what do I know. watch it be a will ferrel quote or something.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Close Sig...The Ten Commandments

You were lookin' for that third three, but you forgot that Professor Green folded on Fourth Street and now you're representing that you have it. The DA made his two pair, but he knows they're no good. Judge Kaplan was trying to squeeze out a diamond flush but he came up short and Mr. Eisen is futilely hoping that his queens are going to stand up. So like I said, the Dean's bet is $20.

O Brother, Where Art Thou.

Sentry: Do you want the padre?

Harry: No, thank you. I'm a pagan.

Sentry: And you?

Peter: What's a pagan?

Harry: Well... it's somebody who doesn't believe there's a divine being dispensing justice to mankind.

Peter: I'm a pagan, too.

Breaker Morant

"You were champ and you went down for the bucks.

This is different.

Let me tell you about these guys. I grew up with

them. I was the fat kid they wouldn't let play. "Sit

down, fat boy'. "Sit down, you might learn something."

Well, I watched, and I learned and pretty soon, I

owned the game. Now those guys I grew up with come to

me with their hats in their hands. Tell me, champ, all

those years of puggin', how much money did you make?

The honest fights or the ones I tanked?

Whatever you made, I made ten times that amount

betting on you and I never took a punch. Not one.

Yeah, but I was champ. Featherweight champeen of the

world!

Yesterday. That was yesterday."

Eight Men Out...damn we're reaching for old ones lately... :D

Back where I come from there are men who do nothing all day but good deeds. They are called phila... er, phila... er, yes, er, Good Deed Doers.

A Few Good Men...and yes, you were right SB

It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?

Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.

Okay, what flavor?

It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.

Ah, movie of the governors, Predator.

I changed my mind. I wanna go back.

After the fuss you made about getting left behind?

Yeah, but that's when I thought I was the crewman that stays on the ship, and something is up there, and it kills me. But now I'm thinking I'm the guy who gets killed by some monster five minutes after we land on the planet.

You're not gonna die on the planet, Guy.

I'm not? Then what's my last name?

It's, uh, uh - -I don't know.

Nobody knows. Do you know why? Because my character isn't important enough for a last name, because I'm gonna die five minutes in.

Guy, you have a last name.

DO I? DO I? For all you know, I'm "Crewman Number Six"!

galaxy quest... its sad to say, but I just saw that a few months ago for the first time. come to my shiiip and save usssss

I once talked a guy out of blowing up the Sears Tower but I can't talk my wife out of the bedroom or my kid off the phone.

Hey I just saw it for the first time today. Pretty funny movie. "Hey, Commander, the ship's, y'know, breaking up and stuff...just...FYI."

Kevin Spacey in The Negotiator.

Ho, what did I say? Did you hear what I said? I heard what I said 'cause I was standing there when I said it.

Con Air

May I come in?

Hi.

I'm Todd...Johnson...I live up the hill.

That's nice.

I see most things from up there. I saw you arrive. Big car. Middle of the night.

Right.

Wondered, 'who's that?'

Perfectly natural question.

So I asked Felix....

Felix?

Felix is my friend. He hasn't been the same since the war.

Of course.

I asked him, I said 'Felix, tell me, are they good, or are they evil? One bark for good, two barks for evil.'

Oh, Felix is a dog?

Do you think that I would talk to a dog? Do you think I would ask a dog whether you're good or evil? What do you think I am? Some kind of a crazy backwoods lunatic with a barn full of human skulls and a scythe that I sharpen every day in readiness for Armageddon?

No, no, no, I'm sure you're just a regular kind of guy.

Right, I'm regular, I am a regular man. I want... but that's not the point! The point is, who are YOU? WHO ARE YOU?

Do you think you gave us enough to go on?

A Less Ordinary

I don't think I could ever get used to being poked and prodded. I told my proctologist one time, "Why don't you take me out to dinner and a movie sometime?"

You bastard Jont, I was just about to answer that but I was typing out my quote, fortunately I know yours is Best In Show, top movie, glad I got to watching it.

"Salvage whatever weapons you can find and stand to! We are now up against live, hostile targets, so if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch!"

"Salvage whatever weapons you can find and stand to! We are now up against live, hostile targets, so if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch!"

OK, maybe this didn't get an American release, it was Dog Soldiers...

"All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corps!"

Nope, actually it's from Aliens. Good one, KOS.

Think someone could spend half their life in a slam with a horse bit in there mouth and not believe? Think you could start out in some liquor store trash bin and not believe? Got is all wrong, holy man. I absolutely beieve in God. And I absolutely hate the fucker.

Matchstick Men

Good movie.

I might be the only person on here besides Jess who saw this one, but still...

Delores, I have these presents I wanna give to Sasha. Where is she?

I'm sorry, sir. Your dog is dead. She killed herself.

What?

The Jacuzzi. She threw herself into the Jacuzzi. I tried to find you. It was horrible.

Oh, no. Maybe she fell in.

Oh, there was a witness. Alejandro, the gardener's son. It was suicide.

Suicide?

She was lonely. She couldn't stand it any more.

Then why the fuck didn't you go outside and play with her? Throw the little red ball with her?

I'm sorry, Mr Devine. I know you loved that dog. On Tuesday, she dug up all the flowers and then took a dump in the kitchen. I believe that was her note.

Archived