Hondo's Bar

Movie Quotes

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Merchant of Venice

Easy one...

This watch was on your Daddy's wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew if the gooks ever saw the watch it'd be confiscated, taken away. The way your Dad looked at it, that watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slopes were gonna put their greasy yella hands on his boy's birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

Empire Records...did anyone else know that Liv Tyler had a baby 5 mths ago and named him Milo?

Only castrating, Manhattan career bitches wear black. Is that what you want to be?

Ever since I was a little girl.

stepford wives, watched that with mom...better than I thought, but still wasnt all that great, just funny.

I tell you that tonight, we shall have a wedding... or a hanging??? Either way, we ought to have a lot of fun, huh?

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

I know a whole lot of people have never seen this, but it's a good movie so I'm putting it up anyway:

David, what is it that your brother calls the art business again?

Baked air.

"Baked air". That is so...great!

Ok I've decided that one is way too vague too. It was Tears of the Sun. Here's a nice lengthy one from a well-known movie that will hopefully get the ball rolling again.

Come to Los Angeles. The sun shines bright. The beaches are wide and inviting. And the orange groves stretch as far as the eye can see. There are jobs aplenty and land is cheap. Every working man can have his own house. And inside every house - a happy all-American family. You can have all this. And who knows? You could even be discovered. Become a movie star, or at least see one. Life is good in Los Angeles. It's paradise on earth. Heh heh heh. That's what they tell you, anyway. Because they're sellin' an image. They're sellin' it through movies, radio and television. In the hit show "Badge of Honor", the LA cops walk on water as they keep the city clean of crooks. Yep, you'd think this place was the Garden of Eden. But there's trouble in paradise, and his name is Meyer Harris Cohen - Mickey C to his fans. Local LA color to the nth degree. And his number one bodyguard, Johnny Stompanato. Mickey C's the head of organized crime in these parts. He runs dope, rackets and prostitution. He kills a dozen people a year. And the dapper little gent does it in style. And everytime his picture's plastered on the front page, it's a black eye for the image of Los Angeles. Because how can organized crime exist in the city with the best police force in the world? Something has to be done. But nothing too original because, hey, this is Hollywood! What worked for Al Capone would work for the Mickster. But all is not well. Sending Mickey up has created a vacuum and it's only a matter of time before someone with balls of brass tries to fill it. Remember, dear readers, you heard it here first - off the record, on the QT, and very Hush-Hush.

L.A. Confidential

What is the matter with you, huh? What is the fucking matter with you? What are you, a fucking sick maniac or something? Tommy, i'm kidding with you.

Kidding? How am I meant to kno you're kidding? You're breaking my fucking balls.

I'm fucking kidding with you, you fucking shoot the guy?

He's dead.

You dumb bastard, I can't fucking believe you. You're gonna dig the hole.

Fine, I'll dig the fucking hole. I don't give a fuck.

:D Goodfellas

Here's an easy one.

I see a place where people get on and off the freeway! On and off, off and on, all day, all night! Soon, where Toontown once stood will be a string of gas stations! Inexpensive motels! Restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons! Automobile dealerships! And wonderful, wonderful billboards stretching as far as the eye can see! My god...it'll be beautiful.

ok

"Now I've justified this to myself in all sorts of ways. It wasn't a big deal, just a minor betrayal. Or we'd outgrown each other, you know, that sort of thing. But let's face it, I ripped them off - my so called mates. But Begbie, I couldn't give a shit about him. And Sick Boy, well he'd done the same to me, if he'd only thought of it first. And Spud, well okay, I felt sorry for Spud - he never hurt anybody.

So why did I do it? I could offer a million answers - all false. The truth is that I'm a bad person. But, that's gonna change - I'm going to change. This is the last of that sort of thing. Now I'm cleaing up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already.

I'm gonna be just like you. The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Too easy, Trainspotting.

"Say, do you ever have falling dreams?"

"Sure, I think so."

"I have the same dream all the time where its really high and I'm kind of floating and then I fall. Is that the same as yours?"

"Kind of."

"Well, why? What happens in yours?"

"I wake up before I hit the ground."

"I always hit. I don't wake up."

"That's not normal."

Buffalo Soldiers

I'm so mad at you, I could rip your testicles off and staple them to your ankles. What the fuck did you have to go and tell Jordan for?

Tell him what?

What do you think, doorknob? That we got together!

Well, didn't you utterly dig it?

That is not the point!

Well, what is the point then, get it? Guilt is for married, old people!

You're incredible. You're not even human, are you? You're like a life-support system for a cock!

No takers? That was The Doom Generation...weird ass movie...here's a new one...

I'll kill your friends, your family, and the bitch you took to the prom!

Betty Jo Byarsky? I can get you an address on that, if you want.

ARGH!! That was Hudson Hawk...

New one...very very easy...

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Yay this thread's back -The Hunt for Red October, just watched that the other day, Sam Neil was so good in that.

Why'd you catch that?

Because it was going to fall.

You're certain?

Yeah.

But it didn't fall. You caught it. The fact that you prevented it from happening doesn't change the fact that it was going to happen.

Archived