Hondo's Bar

Movie Quotes

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,000 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation or untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

The Jerk

I began by saying that our history will be what we make it. If we go on as we are then history will take its revenge and retribution will not limp in catching up with us. Just once in a while, let us exalt the importance of ideas and information. Let us dream to the extent of saying that on a given Sunday night, a time normally occupied by Ed Sullivan is given over to a clinical survey on the state of American education. And a week or two later, a time normally used by Steve Allen is devoted to a thoroughgoing study of American policy in the Middle East. Would the corporate image of their respective sponsors be damaged? Would the shareholders rise up in their wrath and complain? Would anything happen other than a few million people would have received some illumination on subjects that may well determine the future of this country and therefore the future of the corporations? To those who say, "People wouldn't look, they wouldn't be interested, they're too complacent, indifferent and insulated" I can only reply, there is in one reporter's opinion considerable evidence against that contention. But even if they are right, what have they got to lose? Because if they are right and this instrument is good for nothing but to entertain, amuse and insulate then the tube is flickering now and we will soon see that the whole struggle is lost. This instrument can teach. It can illuminate, and, yes, it can even inspire. But it can do so only to the extent that humans are determined to use it towards those ends. Otherwise it is merely wires and lights in a box.

I haven't seen the movie but I did catch an interview with the actor who went over that speech, I think...

Good Night and Good Luck?

This line has been used in a lot of movies so I added extra dialogue for context.

"... Picture of Calloway's wife-

What!? Let me see that... MARGARET!? Why you son of a-

Gee, I thought you'd have more of a sense of humor about it. After all... YOU MARRIED HER!"

The exact quote is "And in case I don't see you", but it is The Truman Show.

I want...[lowers voice]...toupee.

Oh, yes, of course. We take cheques or cash

No, you idiot. My hair is in there.

Oh, no, only rabbits in there. I think you'll find the hare is a much larger creature.

Wallace & Gromit in Curse of the Were-Rabbit

I actually put that one up a few pages ago.

Here's a really easy one. It's sad that I can do this whole speech by memory.

You lack vision. I see a place where people get on and off the Freeway. On and off, off and on, all day, all night! Soon, where Toontown once stood will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food, tire salons, automobile dealerships, and wonderful, wonderful billboards stretching as far as the eye can see! My god, it'll be beautiful!

Walk the Line

"This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

What do you mean, "biblical"?

What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.

Exactly.

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.

Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes...

The dead rising from the grave.

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria. "

Classic. Sunset Boulevard.

You stand before your peers, masons and doctors both.

I have no peers here.

What?

No man amongst you is fit to judge the mighty art that I have wrought. Your rituals are empty oaths you neither understand nor live by. The Great Architect speaks to me. He is the balance where my deeds are weighed and judged. Not you.

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,000 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation or untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

Holy shit! I thought Jess and I were the only ones that saw that movie! One of my favorite comedies - Big Trouble.

You always knew. "But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams." I assume you dream, Preston.

I'll do what I can to see they go easy on you.

We both know they never "go easy".

Then I'm sorry.

No, you're not. You don't even know the meaning. Its just a vestigial word for a feeling you've never felt.

Equilibrium

What's in the flask, Egg? Magic potion?

Yeah.

Good, thought so. What do we do, drink it?

Yeah!

Good, thought so.

Big Trouble in Little China?

"Do not boast, old woman. You death sits in that cage, and she hears you."

"Oh, she'll kill me one day or another. But she will remember forever that I caught her, and I held her prisoner. So there's my immortality, eh?"

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nonstop fun laughter!  After 5,000 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation or untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

Tremors II

I've seen the first three movies and parts of the TV show, haven't seen the last movie to come out, though, I hear it's a prequel set back in the old west.

Anyway, bad movie, good quote:

"It's the car, right? Chicks dig the car."

Archived