Hondo's Bar

Movie Quotes

"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is...I've always been a fool."

Big Fish

"If you've seen one Consumer Electronics Show, you've seen them all. "

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"The temple is at the center of the swamp where three trees grow as one."

"How can anything grow in that place? It smells of death."

"Death and power are close cousins."

"I don't think I like your relatives, old man."

Krull

"Class isn't something you buy. Look at you, you've got on a 500-dollar suit and you're still a low-life."

"Yeah, but I look good."

48 Hrs.

I'd like to remind everyone that we're still at war here. The terrorists are going to exploit any sign of weakness and it's not a question of if, but when they're going to launch a major attack ending life on earth as we know it, so let's just try to keep a positive attitude.

I'd like to remind everyone that we're still at war here. The terrorists are going to exploit any sign of weakness and it's not a question of if, but when they're going to launch a major attack ending life on earth as we know it, so let's just try to keep a positive attitude.

American Dreamz

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that, boy. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in."

"You've got a gift. "

"It's not a gift. It's just a brain. "

Cube

"The building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. Alone, a symbol is meaningless, but with enough people, blowing up a building can change the world."

V for Vendetta

Oh, don't worry, Ivan. It's just your foot. See, this is what we at the bureau call an extremity shot. Generally, the victim survives. They don't do so well with what we call a torso shot.

So what do you think, Ivan? Would you like to experience a torso shot?

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Major Paine or Full Metal Jacket. If I have to choose one I know it was Major Paine, I'm just not sure if that was taking the piss of FMJ or no.

Actually the above quote is from Cool Hand Luke.

"This is totally rad, dude! You're my big little brother!"

• 2 weeks later...
"This is totally rad, dude! You're my big little brother!"

No one??? Allright that was from Flight of the Navigator.

Next one... I'll make it an easy one to get the ball rolling again...

"All major theme parks have had delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked, nothing."

"But, John. But if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists."

No one??? Allright that was from Flight of the Navigator.

Next one... I'll make it an easy one to get the ball rolling again...

"All major theme parks have had delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked, nothing."

"But, John. But if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists."

Jurassic Park?

Yeppers, looks like your turn Lykie. :misty:

Lykie? :eh:

Sorry, I forgot. Here's an older one:

Joe: [trying to get Jerry to face reality regarding his engagement to Osgood] Jerry, Jerry, will you take my advice? Forget about the whole thing, will ya? Just keep telling yourself: you're a boy, you're a boy.

Jerry: I'm a boy.

Joe: That's the boy.

Jerry: [coming around] I'm a boy. I'm a boy. I wish I were dead. I'm a boy. Boy, oh boy, am I a boy. Now, what am I gonna do about my engagement present?

Joe: What engagement present?

Jerry: Osgood gave me a bracelet.

Joe: [takes it and inspects the stones with Beinstock's glasses] Hey, these are real diamonds!

Jerry: Of course they're real! What do you think? My fiance is a bum?

Some Like It Hot

Are you telling me it's not true?

No, it's not true.

Aha, so it is true!

A double negative!

Double negative! You mean, you have photographs?

That sounds like a confession to me. In fact, the double negative has led to proof positive. I'm afraid you gave yourself away.

Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?

You don't need any help from me, sir.

That's right!

Are you telling me it's not true?

No, it's not true.

Aha, so it is true!

A double negative!

Double negative! You mean, you have photographs?

That sounds like a confession to me. In fact, the double negative has led to proof positive. I'm afraid you gave yourself away.

Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?

You don't need any help from me, sir.

That's right!

Clue (the movie)

"So this is Hell. And there's a crucifix in it."

Here we go:

Group W is where they putcha if you may not be moral enough to join the army after committin' your special crime. There was all kinds of mean, nasty ugly-lookin' people on the bench there. There was mother rapers... father stabbers... father rapers... Father rapers! Sittin' right there on the bench next to me!

Its a bit old, and not all that well-known to our generation, but it will be seasonal very soon.

Group W is where they putcha if you may not be moral enough to join the army after committin' your special crime. There was all kinds of mean, nasty ugly-lookin' people on the bench there. There was mother rapers... father stabbers... father rapers... Father rapers! Sittin' right there on the bench next to me!

Alice's Restaurant

"In this family, we do not solve problems by hitting people!"

"No, in this family, we shoot them!"

V for Vendetta

You know we have an old saying: Meck-a-leck-a-hala-baad bean-sala-bean.

Meck-a-leck-a...?

Meck-a-leck-a-hala-baad bean-sala-bean.

Meck-a-leck-a-hala-baad bean-sala-bean... mecka-leck-a... what does that mean?

I don't know what it means, it's very old.

You know we have an old saying: Meck-a-leck-a-hala-baad bean-sala-bean.

Meck-a-leck-a...?

Meck-a-leck-a-hala-baad bean-sala-bean.

Meck-a-leck-a-hala-baad bean-sala-bean... mecka-leck-a... what does that mean?

I don't know what it means, it's very old.

America's Sweethearts

"Hey. You count sheep at home."

"Why? I get paid to count 'em here."

Archived