Hondo's Bar

Movie Quotes

"Nobody can stab a corpse and not know it."

"Really? When was the last time you stabbed a corpse?"

Just saw that movie today. Gosford Park.

"Hey, mister. Ain't you got a car?"

"Who needs a car in L.A.? We have the best public transportation system in the world."

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"That's the brute who raped my country, Thrace!"

"He raped Thrace?"

"And then he came and did it again! And then again!"

"He raped Thrace thrice?"

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

"Man... I didn't join the army to pull paper out of people's asses."

"What you saw today is that everything decent is held together by a covenant. An agreement NOT to go batshit. You broke the contract."

Changing Lanes

"Hey, I'm nobody's messenger boy, all right? I'm a delivery boy."

• 3 weeks later...

What happened to this game?

It is inclement upon me to comment with marked displeasure on your rash impulsiveness in selecting such an eye-catching and impractical car to heist, Mr. Shlubb.

Protest though you might, Mr. Klump, you must nonetheless admit to the shere phallic magistry of said Ferrari's performance. An engine of cyclopean power throbs beneath this steel stallion's hood.

Irrelevant to said mission is the following query, which I now put forth to you. Wherein this most streamlined and...trunkless...of transports - boner-inspiring though it may be - wherein are we to reposit our recently deceased cargo?

A worthy concern. Neatly elucidated.

Jesus...I swear I was posting the answer and THE EXACT SAME FOLLOW UP QUOTE last night and my wireless decided to crap out on me so I decided to fuck it and go to bed...that's weird. The search for my soul-mate was a long and arduous one indeed, but lo! Found them I did and to my shock t'was a man. I call top.

Death Proof

Give up, just quit, because in this life, you can't win. Yeah, you can try, but in the end you're just gonna lose, big time, because the world is run by the Man. The Man, oh, you don't know the Man. He's everywhere. In the White House... down the hall... Ms. Mullins, she's the Man. And the Man ruined the ozone, he's burning down the Amazon, and he kidnapped Shamu and put her in a chlorine tank! And there used to be a way to stick it to the Man. It was called rock 'n roll, but guess what, oh no, the Man ruined that, too, with a little thing called MTV! So don't waste your time trying to make anything cool or pure or awesome 'cause the Man is just gonna call you a fat washed up loser and crush your soul. So do yourselves a favor and just GIVE UP!

School of Rock

Chevy?

Yep.

Hey, we're in the air man. Did you get the stuff I told you to get?

Got it!

Did you take it?

Took it.

You took the whole goddamned thing, didn't you?

Yep.

I said a fifth of a syringe. That shit's gonna kill you.

Right.

Is your chest on fire?

Check.

But you're cold?

Check.

And you've got a steel hard-on, don't you?

Well let me check. Check!

• 3 weeks later...
Chevy?

Yep.

Hey, we're in the air man. Did you get the stuff I told you to get?

Got it!

Did you take it?

Took it.

You took the whole goddamned thing, didn't you?

Yep.

I said a fifth of a syringe. That shit's gonna kill you.

Right.

Is your chest on fire?

Check.

But you're cold?

Check.

And you've got a steel hard-on, don't you?

Well let me check. Check!

Crank

"Do you know what kind of a bomb it was?"

"The exploding kind."

• 3 weeks later...

Airplane!

I think about fucking a lot, in school.

What else do you think about, when you're at school?

Married With Children.

Do you think about your family?

I just turn down the volume and think about fucking Christina Applegate.

I asked you about your family.

No, I don't think about fucking my family, that's gross.

Taxi Driver

What do you see right now? You see exactly and only what I choose to show you. That is illusion, Ivy. That is the lie that I tell your eyes. Making the magic happen in the moment, in that split second, but seeing behind this motherfucker and knowing...that it's all bullshit.

Yeah, you on some bullshit.

But I can shape it, I can shift it, i can make it as real as this room! That's why I'm valuable here, Ivy, and that is why you are not.

I ain't valuable?

I am sorry. I love you. I never wanted it to be like this, you know that.

It don't matter what you wanted. It's what you did. If you thought old man Primo could twist your shit up, wait 'til you see what I'm about to do here.

Well that was Smokin' Aces. Let's try this easy one.

Tommy, you can't do this! You don't bump guys! You're not like those animals back there. It's not right, Tom! They can't make us do this. It's the wrong situation, they can't make us different people than we are. We're not muscle, Tom. I-I-I never killed anybody. I used a little information for a chisel, that's all. It's my nature, Tom! I-I-I can't help it, somebody gives me an angle, I play it. I don't deserve to die for that. Do you think I do? I'm-I'm-I'm just a grifter, Tom. I'm-I'm-I'm-I'm-I'm a nobody! But I'll tell you what, I never crossed a friend, Tom. I never killed anybody, I never crossed a friend, nor you, I'll bet. We're not like those animals! This is not us! Th-th-this is some hop dream! It's a dream, Tommy! I'm praying to you! I can't die! I can't die... out here in the woods, like a dumb animal! In the woods, LIKE A DUMB ANIMAL! Like a dumb animal! I can't... I can't... I CAN'T DIE OUT HERE IN THE WOODS!... like a dumb animal. I can't... die! I'm praying to you! Look in your heart! I'm praying to you! Look in your heart! I'm praying to you! Look in your heart! I'm praying to you! Look in your heart... I'm praying to you! Look in your heart. I'm praying to you... look in your heart... look in your heart! You can't kill me... look in your heart.

Miller's Crossing

So where are you? You're in some motel room. You just - you just wake up and you're in - in a motel room. There's the key. It feels like maybe it's just the first time you've been there, but perhaps you've been there for a week, three months. It's - it's kind of hard to say. I don't - I don't know.

Archived