Hondo's Bar

Movie Quotes

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gremlins 2: the New Batch

But... with each past exploit I've lost friends, white men and black... and much more. And I'm not the man I once was.
Ah god damn it, if I could have just found a decent quote sooner. Probably my fault, I wasted a good few minutes looking through the Transformers page on IMDB for a decent quote before realising that that movie probably doesn't even have one single line of good dialogue. Can't be bothered taking my quote down, I could tell you what Acalis' is, but that's only because I googled it.

Let's clarified the rules.

If you google the lyrics posted to find the name of the song, you can't post the answer.

If you think you know the name of the song, you CAN google the name of the song to find the lyrics to confirm your suspicion. You can do this repeatedly.

This is all based on the honor system, but seriously, are you that kind of person?

Let's clarified the rules.

If you google the lyrics posted to find the name of the song, you can't post the answer.

If you think you know the name of the song, you CAN google the name of the song to find the lyrics to confirm your suspicion. You can do this repeatedly.

This is all based on the honor system, but seriously, are you that kind of person?

You do mean quotes, right?

Yeah, Jont said there weren't any rules against it, so I checked the first post in this thread (my post) and saw that my rules were "the same deal as the Lyrics Game". So I went over to the lyrics game thread to see if the rules were clear there (the lyrics game was also my creation) and they were not. When I started typing my clarification of the rules, I was thinking about the lyrics game thread I had just went to and I subconsciously typed 'lyrics' instead of 'quotes'.

You can only reply if you know by memory??? No wonder this thread goes for days at a time without a reply.

If you have a hunch that the quote comes from a specific source, you can check and then post the answer if you're correct. Just googling the quote is cheating, though.

Guess no one could get it.

"You'd fine more cheer in a graveyard."

This one was from Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, spoken by Gimli as they first ride through Edoras,

TheTwoTowers_poster.jpg

Okay here's a REALLY EASY one!

"Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with Samurai swords."

Kill Bill Volume 1

This is like totally embarrassing, but my friend Tiffany thinkest thou vex her so soothly and she thought perchance thou would want to ask her to the homecoming dance or something.

Excuse me?

It's like whatever. She's just totally into college guys and mythical creatures and stuff.

This is like totally embarrassing, but my friend Tiffany thinkest thou vex her so soothly and she thought perchance thou would want to ask her to the homecoming dance or something.

Excuse me?

It's like whatever. She's just totally into college guys and mythical creatures and stuff.

Shrek the Third. I thought it was allright, but not as good as the last two.

"Waaaaaa-hooooo! Just like fuckin' Saigon ain't it, Slick?"

"I was in junior high, dickhead."

The Three Amigos

Just for my own edification, I offered you fifty. Why'd you say no?

I'm not a greedy man. Not looking to get rich quick. Besides, fifty thousand is a lot for what you wanted me to find out. Could just as well put a bullet in my head as cough it up, see? But ten? Ten thousand is civilized. Ten is something we both can live with.

Ten might still be too much.

You'd kill me over ten thousand dollars? You wouldn't dare. You wouldn't dare.

Yes, I would.

Just for my own edification, I offered you fifty. Why'd you say no?

I'm not a greedy man. Not looking to get rich quick. Besides, fifty thousand is a lot for what you wanted me to find out. Could just as well put a bullet in my head as cough it up, see? But ten? Ten thousand is civilized. Ten is something we both can live with.

Ten might still be too much.

You'd kill me over ten thousand dollars? You wouldn't dare. You wouldn't dare.

Yes, I would.

Once Upon A Time In Mexico. ("Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?" too funny!)

"I'm... sorry I set you up."

"Ah, you know me, I'm too lazy to hold a grudge."

Okay, sorry about that. Boob graze.

That was accidental. Accidental boob graze. I'm sorry.

Changing subject.

Okay.

The Holiday

"Well, you see, this is the problem with terrorists. They're really inconsiderate when it comes to people's schedules."

True Lies

My name is Dalton Russell. Pay strict attention to what I say because I choose my words carefully and I never repeat myself. I've told you my name: that's the Who. The Where could most readily be described as a prison cell. But there's a vast difference between being stuck in a tiny cell and being in prison. The What is easy: recently I planned and set in motion events to execute the perfect bank robbery. That's also the When. As for the Why: beyond the obvious financial motivation, it's exceedingly simple... because I can. Which leaves us only with the How; and therein, as the Bard would tell us, lies the rub.

Archived