Hondo's Bar

Matrix Reloaded

Those are some good suggestions so far. I still don't understand why everyone likes Sixth Sense so much? Thought it was a particularly average movie.

As for 1999, most of my fave directors either didn't release stuff in that year, or the stuff they did release was pretty shit.

Darren Aronofsky: Pi 98, Requiem... 00

Coen brothers: The Big Lebowski 98, O Brother... 00

Anyone else see a pattern forming? ???

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are two sets of good movies that aren't in 1999. You know what? Citizen Kane and Casablanca weren't made in 1999 either. Doesn't make 1999 a bad year for movies! The only way you can prove a year was bad of movies was by NOT coming up with good movies in that year, not by coming up with good movies in other years!

Can I borrow Ghost Dog from you then sometime Junker? I gots plenty DVDs for trade (about 50 or so).

Casablanca didn't suck. You suck! Something that always blows me away about that movie is that it was made in 1942 and was about World War II. If you watch it in the mindset that you're an American and you haven't even entered the war yet, it's quite an impactful film. And Junka, I really don't see IC too often. Granted, I've only met you once, but I've probably seen IC, something like five times. Is that about right IC?

This came up at the 'Sequels we'd like to see' thread. Whatca'll think?

As far as the Matrix goes: We all know the next to films are sequels and will involved the downfall of the Matrix. Does this at all seem parallel to Star Wars?!? There's all this back story about 'the One' that 'freed the first of us'. Perfect setup for a prequel trilogy. About the downfall of man, teh rise of the machines, teh war between them, how the humans torched the sky to block the sun, how they built Zion (we will see the city of Zion in the next two films by the way) how the One came to free the first of the fighters, etc. By the if Agent Smith turns out to have been the One, and he turned to the Matrix (the dark side) to become agent (parallel to Jedi -> Sith), let the record state, I predicted it first!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Old topic nothin, im mad hyped. Did anyone else see the thing i put in blargh about the McFarlane Matrix figures? Check out the detail (its of Reloaded; the twins are in there too)

matrix1_neo_photo_01_dp.jpg

But that's just merchanidsing..the flick itself; if we dont do a group thing, im goin solo, at least the first 3 times.

Off the the site, i dont wanna get slapped... :D

I'm not going to be in town for X2, but I will for Reloaded, and I'm up for a group outing. I haven't been this psyched about a movie since Episode 1, and I don't think Reloaded will be a let down at all. So awesome. And the final trailer makes you cream your pants it's so good. The two TV spots ain't to shabby either.

From IMDb.com:

"Toronto-based Imax has signed a deal with Warner Bros. to release the forthcoming The Matrix Reloaded and next fall's The Matrix Revolutions on giant IMAX screens in North America at the same time they will be running in conventional theaters. The films will be digitally-remastered using Imax's DMR technology, which had previously been used to convert Ron Howard's Apollo 13 and George Lucas' Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones to the Imax giant-screen format. The first Matrix sequel is expected to open in Imax theaters about two to three weeks after its general release on May 15. The Matrix Revolution is expected to open in Imax and conventional theaters simultaneously on Nov. 5. In a statement, Imax said that "the simultaneous release of first-run Hollywood event films in its theaters is the holy grail for the company, and it's something investors have been anxiously anticipating for some time."

So, that just means we have to monitor shit, right? Keep an eye out, know exactly when they go on sale, and if we cant get em online, we do it as a group thing - lame, i know, just to pick up tickets, but cmon, if Reloaded holds up nearly as well as its lookin, im down for seein the finale the best way possible, i bet Junker is too.