Hondo's Bar

Marvel: Civil War

The NZA

Civil War  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

sorry to not be here to warn off the dissapointment that was decimation.

skeet - i honeslty dont know whats going on with the 198; as if that's a set in stone #, incluidng the x-men or wha, but it does mean no new muties at least. the 198 book by David Hine ddint go as well as it coulda, either, but i do like how theyre now treating the x-mantion grounds as like a mutie indian nation/reservation.

back to civil war: just got Punisher War Journal # 1 and the others from this week, cant wait.

Marvel solicitation:

CIVIL WAR #6

Captain America’s depleted forces have determined the secret of File 42, setting them on a last-ditch collision course with Iron Man and the Pro-Registration heroes! It’s the beginning f the battle of the century—a conflict in which virtually every superhuman on Earth will be forced to choose a side to fight on!

32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

PRICE: 2.99

IN STORES: 2006-12-20

:Hobbes::Hobbes:

Wooo Continuity flaws...

Magic Bullets? And when'd Jack O'Lantern die? I thought we was some mort inna costume then was taken over by some malevolent demon? That'd make more sense than Frank shooting a F-list normie inna head. Hell, the WJ prolly has the same issue as you & figured it wasn't as cold.

Wooo Continuity flaws...

Magic Bullets? And when'd Jack O'Lantern die? I thought we was some mort inna costume then was taken over by some malevolent demon? That'd make more sense than Frank shooting a F-list normie inna head. Hell, the WJ prolly has the same issue as you & figured it wasn't as cold.

The last time I saw Jack O' Lantern was in the mid-90s when he hypnotized John Jameson into attempting to smother his father with a pillow. Kraven was in that arc too and it was odd because both Jack and Kraven were dead, I forget the explanation for Kraven but if memory serves Jack-O-Lantern was one of the Hobgoblins, and I thought he died, maybe I'm wrong. I can't keep track of these people anymore.

Well that's the last I saw too. Now Kraven- the one we saw is in fact the lost son of the Original Kraven(half brother to the Grim Hunter & Chameleon) as explained about 6-8 issues before that story. He started out all true & blue, beat Spidey's arse down & drugged him right before Osbourn put out that bounty, but all he wanted was answers regarding his father's suicide. He let Spidey go but then went berko on account've the same jungle-steroids that gave Sergei his power) and handed hin missus a serious beat-down(Calypso, for the kids coming in partways). As for Jack? Yeah, goblins, demons, anything of that ilk can pretty much survive anything yeah?

i stopped reading that series a few months before the storm wedding thing; id heard Priest's series (original Marvel Knights one) was good, never got to read it, stuck with this one a bit but it lost heat early on after its first arc. I havent really touched it since - lemme know if its any good.

Eh, its ok. There are definately better series out there (and I base my professional opinion on the only 5 issues I've read), but I thought I'd mention it since it was a Civil War issue (had a CW cover and everything). :devil:

Edited by Lycaon

hah, Golaith.

I thought Panther was mainly there cause they were having it at his house. And how you gonna invite Doom? Christ, you already got enough tension with Namor giving Reed the ol' "your wife tastes like tuna...trust me" look.

Ne'er you mind Doom was in hell when that meeting went down, wasnt he?

Well played sir!

It's just that Doom, villianous or not, has a larger hand in how things shake out than most allow him credit for(he's monarch for a 3rd world European country-how many others can claim that). I'd love to see, after all this history, in the very fucking end Doom secretly meets with heroes the world over to discuss metahuman affairs & the course it will take. I mean, these guys are the faceless guys inna smoky room(fuck this 'occasional meeting shit'- noninterference & hollow vows thereof are for Melon-headed space pervs) & Black Panther turned 'em down stone cold. Fuck him.

hah, Golaith.

I thought Panther was mainly there cause they were having it at his house. And how you gonna invite Doom? Christ, you already got enough tension with Namor giving Reed the ol' "your wife tastes like tuna...trust me" look.

Ne'er you mind Doom was in hell when that meeting went down, wasnt he?

You talking about the first meeting? Didn't that happen long before Doom went to hell?

Well played sir!

It's just that Doom, villianous or not, has a larger hand in how things shake out than most allow him credit for(he's monarch for a 3rd world European country-how many others can claim that). I'd love to see, after all this history, in the very fucking end Doom secretly meets with heroes the world over to discuss metahuman affairs & the course it will take. I mean, these guys are the faceless guys inna smoky room(fuck this 'occasional meeting shit'- noninterference & hollow vows thereof are for Melon-headed space pervs) & Black Panther turned 'em down stone cold. Fuck him.

Yeah but, wouldn't the fact that Reed Richards is a member kind of make things clash.

Doom: "So I think we should..."

Fantastic: "Fuck off."

Doom: "I'm trying to..."

Fantastic: "Suck my elastic dick you deformed green dress wearing cocksucker."

Doom: "It's a tunic!"

Fantastic: "And what kind of a name is Victor VonDoom. Victor VonDumbass is more like it."

Doom: "Oh piss off, I'm the only villain you have that's worth a shit. I mean come on, Mole Man? Red Ghost? N*gga please!"

Fantastic: "What about Galactus?"

Doom: "Motherfucker wears a lotta purple, s'all I'm sayin'"

Fantastic: "He fucking EATS planets!"

Doom: "Overrated."

Fantastic: "What about Annihilus?"

Doom: "Dumbass"

Fantastic: "Shit, you're right. Our rogue's gallery fucking sucks."

Doom: "Good, now as I was saying before 'Handjob Richards' interrupted..."

Namor: "I smolder with generic rage."

Dr. Strange: "Seriously, am I the only one here who isn't an asshole?"

Cute. Doesn't sway my point though. If Good didn't always have to win Doom could take out all y'all, bargain with Mephisto to damn the whole FF to hell, cornhole Norin Radd with his own fucking board while the Venom & Carnage symbiotes(recombined as one) simper at the left of his throne, broken housepets.

Yeah but, wouldn't the fact that Reed Richards is a member kind of make things clash.

Doom: "So I think we should..."

Fantastic: "Fuck off."

Doom: "I'm trying to..."

Fantastic: "Suck my elastic dick you deformed green dress wearing cocksucker."

Doom: "It's a tunic!"

Fantastic: "And what kind of a name is Victor VonDoom. Victor VonDumbass is more like it."

Doom: "Oh piss off, I'm the only villain you have that's worth a shit. I mean come on, Mole Man? Red Ghost? N*gga please!"

Fantastic: "What about Galactus?"

Doom: "Motherfucker wears a lotta purple, s'all I'm sayin'"

Fantastic: "He fucking EATS planets!"

Doom: "Overrated."

Fantastic: "What about Annihilus?"

Doom: "Dumbass"

Fantastic: "Shit, you're right. Our rogue's gallery fucking sucks."

Doom: "Good, now as I was saying before 'Handjob Richards' interrupted..."

Namor: "I smolder with generic rage."

Dr. Strange: "Seriously, am I the only one here who isn't an asshole?"

:devil: FHD!