Hondo's Bar

Marvel: Civil War

The NZA

Civil War  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Edited by Iambaytor

...fuck, your hatred is rubbing off.

you know, i was this close to doing a "which venom with titties would you bang?" poll, with the female symbiote on one side, and brock's wife from the "Sin Eater" series on the other, but then id have to put in Spider-Girl and she'd just catch all the swing votes.

In other news, i hear the Tsunami Venom book from a while back was a bit of a bite off John Carpenter's Thing. heh, that came out funny.

Youre a saint. a bootlegging one, which has got to be some saint or another, or should be.

i was gonna mini-review this in my, critically-acclaimed "what books are you reading" or whatever thread from yesterday, but im all caught up in its goodness. going from mouse guard to this has made for good writing today....damn you for having me enjoy Peter David's work, which ive been largley numb to for seemingly decades now.

maaan, i tried to hold out long enough to meet the new muff-diving batgirl, but i honestly didnt make it past # 4 or 5. god, how i tried. there's a wasted download.

im back on the straight and narrrow, and its onto issue # 7 for me. Im gonna have to fucking put the Wii on hold at this rate; was coming to megacon with a short list, now ive added TPB's for Moon Knight, Nextwave and likely this title too. piss.

Yeah, I want me Nextwave and Moon Knight too.

I got this 1955-1958 (two books in a slipcase) Peanuts collection today. I ordered it from Barnes and Noble ages ago and pretty much forgot about it 'til I checked the mail. It's fucking sweet. Plus it only cost $4.50 and I ordered the next Powers trade (which hasn't shipped yet) so that made me qualify for free shipping. It's usually $50 too. I shoulda posted a link about it when I saw it 'cause I'm sure at least one Hondonian woulda ordered it for that price.

The B&N post-christmas sale is the way of the future.

barnesnnoble.jpg

how the...? you musta had some bonus code or somethin to've pulled that off, sir. props to you for that one. now, if you can get the complete calivn & hobbes for $10, ill make a trip up there to read em.

i havent really read powers since it went to icon, was more or less cauhgt up till then...hows it been?

It was their after Christmas sale. I went through everything with no luck (ohhh..Da Vinci Code!) and then spotted that bad boy.

Powers post-image is still good. Not as good but I'm still buying every trade so something has to be said for that. I need the last Y trade. Motherfuckers. I gotta go to B&N sometime during the week to pick that bad boy up.

So, uh hows about that Civil War, there buddy?

dont feel bad. its all relative, cause civil war affects all of marvel, and sometimes 52, image, and even Peanuts. Which i still dont see how you caught for $4.50...i never hearda bookstores having post-christmas sales!

dont make me research this, and destroy your online credibility, sir. cause ill do it.

Did anybody see they're bringing in Blade now? I think it's cool, but where there's Blade, there's Morbius. I've noticed that every few years Marvel gets amnesia and forgets why Morbius the Living Vampire is a shitty character and I REALLY hope they don't try and revive him here.

2 questions... Has Ghost Rider even made a small cameo in this deal? I'm kinda curious what how the spirit of vengeance feels about this. Dan Ketch is still running around all firey isn't he?

Also did anybody ever figure out who the Chewbacca the Wookie looking guy off of the Civil War group picture thing?

Would it surprise anyone when I say that Civil War has been pushed back by another month. It now comes out Feb 21. Just in time to bug Steve McNiven ass on why he takes so fucking long.

Anyone else read Thunderbolts?

Me likey.

Yes. It was a great read.

Shit, the Ellis arc started? i gotta find that.

Ill wait

till your love comes down

on Civil War # 7, i mean its the finale, im cool. I dont see this thing going all status quo when its done, still.

ps i dont know if i like this skin for this corner or not.