Hondo's Bar

Marvel: Civil War

The NZA

Civil War  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

im archiving them. Theyre all at demonid.com, ill put em to disc if you cant find em when its done. the others are hit or miss but the main book paroides have been solid.

Id wiki link penance, but you should just read Civl War: Frontline # 10, if youre up to that issue. Then Thunderbolts, which is surprisngly dark till you see Ellis' name attatched.

Speaking of frontline # 10, i see what bish was saying.

Theyre painting Stark as just interested in his stock instead of his philosophy behind the movement, which does negate damn near everything if you think aobut it too much. i thought bish was just referring to the cunty way he's such a zealot these days, not the evil mr burns type shit, which i do hope they play down/rid soon.

Whatsa matter Nick, afraid people are coming around to my ways of thinking?

Is there a link to those? That's pretty funny.

What's this whole Penance thing about?

And Tony Stark=Evil? That's bullshit. Any cuntrag hack of a writer doesn't agree with Registration & uses whatever bullshit tie-in they can to run anti-Stark propaganda or saying 'Oh this isn't right. He must be back on the sauce.' obviously has less imagination than the 12-year-old rentboys they're fucking when coming up with this shit. Whether you're pro or Anti, you can see the good intentions behind this, and running stories about Stark masterminding some fucking Kingdom Come-style event is just more of a tip-of-the-hat to DC than they deserve.

VE VILL FIGHT ZEM ON ZE BEACHES! VE VILL FIGHT ZEM IN ZE AIR!

Okay Skeet, I swear to God/Buddah/Allah/MellisaEtheridge/INSERTDEITYHERE that this is not in any way meaning to insult your character but every time you go on one of your pro-reg rants I picture you in a Nazi uniform. I don't know why but it's a hilarious mental image.

Edited by Iambaytor

Also, for the record, Skeet is still wrong about Pro-reg, though, I think validity that Pro-reg would have had is completely KILLED in CW by the ham handed writing in the main book. I mean, first you end up making ANYONE with powers register whether or not they are actually being vigilantes or not that's gay in and of itself. THEN you move forward and say that if you are registered, the government can order you into action at any point for any reason they see fit. That is retarded. I mean the implemetation ends up being just as bad as the Mutant Registration Act would have been.

The moles are revealed, the anti-side got the plans they needed, the prisoners were broken out & geared up for the finale..i woudlnt call that nothing.

Compared to the stuff they leave in the background? I dunno, I mean, their use of the Punisher was a waste, I think it would have been far more interesting to see how say Storm and Black Panther got on the anti-reg side than wasting time looking at namor's genetalia. Since it was an action light issue, they could have at least TRIED to get into the character's heads a little bit, but they don't.

And honestly, what moles? I mean the whole thing with Hulkling was pretty cool, but I can't even REMEMBER who the mole was on the anti-reg side, it was no one I gave a fuck about.

prolly a good point on the giantress, im not paying attention to that. And yes, Sentry is godlike, but he's hesitant when its not Carnage, apparnetly, and so far? he hasnt done shit yet. Id be more worried bout killer Thor-clones m'self, never you mind whenever the real Thor shows again, or you know, Planet Hulk. FuckaSentry.

Yeah, but outside of Sentry being a gay character in the first place, I mean from what they have said he is THE most powerful hero in the stable now. As for the others, I mean are they really gonna bring back, Hulk, Thor, have a huge battle, and end this shit in ONE ISSUE? I kinda doubt it. I mean they can, but it's probably gonna suck. I hope I'm wrong.

Unlike you kids, ima read Thunderbolts before i judge Penance.

You can do that all you want, but I just don't buy the change of heart in Speedball, I mean it was like they decided early on they wanted him to change over CW and become a new character because of the guilt and shit, but had no idea HOW they were going to do it. I didn't buy him suddenly chenging after he got shot, it didn't feel right to me. Not to mention the whole CONCEPT of the 600 needles so I can always feel the pain I caused and the deaths and blah blah fucking blah is AWFUL, just plain AWFUL.

Penance is going to join the Thunderbolts? Please god, no.

dont know that i agree about things being overly simplistic or moronic, youre gonna need specifics. I agree that shoudlnt be the only one besides Namor after Nitro, but im glad that arcs over anyway.

Which tie-ins are you finding better than the main book? and cut McNiven some slack, he was supposedly really sick and the book got pushed back a bit to give him more a timeframe to get it in. Dont act like he doesnt draw a mean Namor crotch, as i plan on discussing with him at megacon.

I say they are overly simplistic, because, outside of the tie ins, I don't think they have dealt with they grey area of CW nearly enough. I mean if you are pro-reg, you are willing to let people get locked up forever in an alternate dimension if they don't want to be a tool of the government, and if you are anti- well, any form of registration is evil and every superpowered badass in the world SHOULD be able to run around unchecked, because that's their right goddamnit.

That's what it basically boils down to. I mean the pro-reg side especially has completely lost sight of all reason

I mean the T-bolts are ok, but fucking SPIDERWOMAN is a security risk? Are you SHITTING ME?

It's a shame because there are times when Civil War is brilliant, 4, and 5 were amazing.

As far as the tie ins I will say that a lot have been more entertaining to me than the main book. I mean Some have been awful, (X-men) many have been spotty at best (Cable and Deadpool, and YA/Runaways), but some have been great. The Spiderman books have been great, FF has been pretty good (continuity issues aside), I thought War Journal was a good read, and New Avengers has been great as well. Hell the Captain America issues I have read didn't even FEATURE him, and they were great.

I think CW is a shame, because it has had a lot of potential, and some great things have come from it, but I really doubt that it can come to a satisfying conclusion with just one more issue.

It seems that Marvel bit off more than they could chew with this arc.

BTW as I am a little behind, did anything at all come out of the Spiderman speech? I mean, I was really hoping it would have a big affect on the public, but CW6 ignored it, and so has frontline. I mean Spiderman going pro-reg was HUGE, and it seems like no one cares that he has switched sides. It's a real shame, because his speech on why registration was wrong was one of the best moments in all of CW, and it seems ot have been relegated to footnote status.

I mean, first you end up making ANYONE with powers register whether or not they are actually being vigilantes or not that's gay in and of itself.

mebbe, but if not across the board, howre you gonna do it? Just get the street vigilantes when you catch em in the act, and the real powerhouses who arent out there fighting bank robbers get off scott free?

Yeah, but outside of Sentry being a gay character in the first place, I mean from what they have said he is THE most powerful hero in the stable now. As for the others, I mean are they really gonna bring back, Hulk, Thor, have a huge battle, and end this shit in ONE ISSUE? I kinda doubt it. I mean they can, but it's probably gonna suck. I hope I'm wrong.

No no im not saying that, Hulk's return will be an event in itself - id argue that after how theyve abused Thor's DNA his could be as well, but im not counting him out to save the day for the anti-side at the end of 6 is all, hed be an acceptable deus ex for me.

This one issue wont tie up the event, clealry. Its more trying to see who walks away, and if i win $5 from Panch when Cap doesnt die.

Also, Thunderbotls new lineup premiered in this month's # 110 with Ellis at the helm, and Penance is on board, just so you know.

I mean the T-bolts are ok, but fucking SPIDERWOMAN is a security risk? Are you SHITTING ME?

Believe it or not, Bendis has had her written as a high-level S.H.I.E.L.D. agent for some time with a lotta senstive information.

Also, yeah, i hope CW's finale is more like # 5.

I think CW is a shame, because it has had a lot of potential, and some great things have come from it, but I really doubt that it can come to a satisfying conclusion with just one more issue.
I keep telling you its not gonna wrap up in one issue; even the marvel solicitations show a continuing divide, with 2 Avengers teams, one on the run. That doesnt sound resolved to me.

Do not read/download CIVIL WAR: THE RETURN. This book is full of shit and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH CIVIL WAR at all. They just put CIVIL WAR on the cover in order to sell the book.

Yeah, the fuck was that about?! I read it cause i thought Panch had to be making it up or something....

The original Capt Marvel? seriously? so "DEAD MEANS DEAD" was like an inside joke. and he's a fucking warden, cause Tony and Sentry asked him to? Im just walking by that series for now.

Yeah, the fuck was that about?! I read it cause i thought Panch had to be making it up or something....

The original Capt Marvel? seriously? so "DEAD MEANS DEAD" was like an inside joke. and he's a fucking warden, cause Tony and Sentry asked him to? Im just walking by that series for now.

You know what I loved even more about this.

They find thier friend who died long ago is back but are they happy to see him. Nope they just said Fuck you your going to be a warden and keep your friends locked up cause we're nazi. His return would have made a better Annihilation tie-in.

yeah, its a really weird "welcome back" when you put it like that, given that the pro side is, im guessing, trying to hide his existence for one more ace-in-the-hole or something.

and yeah, i didnt really read Ahnnialation but this wouldve made a lot more sense in that arc, id think too. I wonder if theyre planning on tying them together, rather than just arbitrarily throwing him into an odd role in this event?

Seriously, this tangent here is the weirdest, most unexpected shit ive seen from this event.

yeah, its a really weird "welcome back" when you put it like that, given that the pro side is, im guessing, trying to hide his existence for one more ace-in-the-hole or something.

and yeah, i didnt really read Ahnnialation but this wouldve made a lot more sense in that arc, id think too. I wonder if theyre planning on tying them together, rather than just arbitrarily throwing him into an odd role in this event?

Seriously, this tangent here is the weirdest, most unexpected shit ive seen from this event.

That the thing. They're not planning on tying the events together in anyway. Like I said they just threw the CW name on the cover to sell. I'm a big fan of Captain Marvel but this just pissed me off the way they did it.

I feel the only reason marvel keeps pushing CW back all the time is to do shit like this.

Civil War #7 ilicited this response from me:

WTF? Are you FUCKING SERIOUS MARVEL?

Really awesome fight with a really STUPID ending.

can someone explain to me why in the name of GOD they would have chosen to teleport into an area full of civilians? And the anti-regs don't use motherfucking VILLAINS as shock troops or shit but THEY are the bad guys. Oy, my brain hurts. And Cap has now proven that he is quite literally insane.

The overall outcome was no surprise to me, but man the way they did it was AWFUL!!!!!!!

Edited by bishopcruz