Hondo's Bar

Marvel: Civil War

The NZA

Civil War  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ever the Marvel apologist...

bish - did you read the part about how Cloak never tried something that big before? i dont think he had a whole lotta options. I dont even know if he survived the jump - remember, we supposdely wont know who died until another book later.

They werent gonna go status quo (EAT IT, BAYTOR) and this one had its very, very satisfying moments, like CAP BEATING THE FUCK OUT OF THAT UNCLE TOM FUCK IRON FUCK and of course Thor-bot dying. I didnt react as badly as Bish cause i knew it was coming, they coulda gone about it way worse (read: killed Cap) and having read a lotta cap, this was actually more in line with some of the classic stories of him & his idealism. If the only Cap youve read was this arc and Bru, youll feel its out of character; if youve read Byrne, Waid, etc i dont think it was such a huge stretch; it was more out there that i really thought for a frame he was gonna kill Tony.

Anyway, im excited to see how this super hero amnesty went down, Stark cleaing up S.H.I.E.L.D., and if anyone keeps the tension going (if Young Avengers doesnt, for instance, im done with that book). FF fixed itself way too fast for my liking, for example. And yeah, Captain Marvel's cameo? Awwwkward. Moreso than Frank picking up Cap's mask.

Speaking of, i gotta see how my boy is doing in lock-up, where all the cool heroes are gonig these days.

Anyone else read Amazing Spider-Man?! shit didnt go down right at all....

I love that Joe Q has been kinda hinting that he wants Mary Jane dead for the last few months, and then boom! i dont even put 2 and 2 together.

Y'see, Aunt May died years back in the fun stretch of the clone wars, and it was touching shit. I really like how it went, personally, and my understanding was she only came back cause Strazinski wanted a supporting cast, and he made good use of her so i looked the other way.

But he's nearing the end of a very long run on the book, so im not putting it past him to just take her away with him as well...he swears this whole "Back in Black" thing wasnt originally just to push the upcoming film, that he had this story in mind for a long time now too.

There'll be books like that (like whatever invovles Captain Marvel, im guessing) but ive hopes for the Initiative and a few others. Its the writer's credit you gotta watch for...hey, at least youre not paying for it, tho Decimation did rob me of a chunk of time.

Since the X-Men were such pussies during this event, i think the most interesting post-CW book for me is still Spidey.

Well the Initiative has Ellis & Bendis on it(helluva combo), whereas for Decimation they found Claremont wandering the streets of Brooklyn ranting about dryraping Psylocke's exposed liver & fondling himself, and one comes on the platform of a revolutionary & realistic blow to the status quo, whereas the other just kinda got foisted on us from the lips of a hormonal wiccan somehow come across cosmic powers. "No more Mutants." Vs Registration? Pfft.

Its a shame you dont read Daredevil, cause a recent prision arc was one of the best yet, i thought. I'm hoping Cap gets a story or two out of this, but i just cant see it...i could swear i saw him on one of the upcoming Avenger book solicits.

Still waiting to see how this amnesty thing pans out...so the anti-reg crowd gets no jail time, but they still have to register, or...? i mean, were still lookin at 2 teams from here out.

not only that, but we still have an active resistance with Luke Cage, Daredevil (the new DD), and Spidey leading the way (I do not count Dr. Strange, even though I saw him there, because that is just stupid, and I'm giving the artists the benefit of the doubt that it was a drawing error). We also still don't know what the body count is, and even tho Sue went back, we don't know if she 'went back' or what, exactly. She didn't exactly look happy.

Then there's still the War declared on the US by the Inhumans, the mutant energy crisis, the missing mutants, Namor committing what can only be considered an invasion of Manhattan battling official US Federal Agents, and a possible invasion of Wakanda.

This is hardly over.

Good points Arch, tho im willing to bet that was Strange, i think Bendis wants him on their Avengers team. Looks like he had to break that middle ground, and its not like he was a fan of the idea.

The Inititative & fallout seem like they got a lot of ground to cover. And Bish - yeah, we had space, but i thought it obvious they wanted some material/hype for the fallout. Relax, youll soon know which anonymous black character bit it.