Hondo's Bar

Marvel: Civil War

The NZA

Civil War  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have no problem with having the fight end up in downtown New York. They said in the damn book that there were only two portals to the prison; one at Rykers where there was a goddamn army waiting for them and the other was at the Lab in the Baxter Building, so where did they end up? Right outside the Baxter Building. I honestly couldn't figure Bishop's obsession with that little part. I personally wanted to know where the fuck Naimor and the Atlantian Army went. It was like after Cap surrenders Naimor and his FUCKING ARMY dipped faster than a party guest leaving early with the extra Keg. They didn't even stop for the Nachos on the way out the door, just "Bampf" and they're all gone. I just can't picture Naimor going: "My bad." and "Dudes, we were never here."

Edited by Drifter

I have no problem with having the fight end up in downtown New York. They said in the damn book that there were only two portals to the prison; one at Rykers where there was a goddamn army waiting for them and the other was at the Lab in the Baxter Building, so where did they end up? Right outside the Baxter Building. I honestly couldn't figure Bishop's obsession with that little part. I personally wanted to know where the fuck Naimor and the Atlantian Army went. It was like after Cap surrenders Naimor and his FUCKING ARMY dipped faster than a party guest leaving early with the extra Keg. They didn't even stop for the Nachos on the way out the door, just "Bampf" and they're all gone. I just can't picture Naimor going: "My bad." and "Dudes, we were never here."

Serious? You're already monarch of an outlaw nation & you've risked your very tenuous seat of power to back the horse that just broke down & started crying like a little girl. The rest of the people you don't like are splitting wigs left & right, and that very important metaphorical horse, the lynchpin of this whole stupid rebellion(because noone else could've made this a thing like Cap did) has just been arrested for treason. What's to stick around for?

Ha ha, Nick you've not won yet. There's still plenty of cash to squeeze out of this varitable teat and they're far from done. I was still right, the side books were fucking stupid gimicks I'm thinking of making a greatest-hits of the stupidest moments in it.

Wolvie popping his claws through the suit, Howard the Duck, Morbius the Living Vampire coming back (always a bad choice), the superhero team for Texas (2 members of which I'm pretty sure are dead so I don't know why they're there), the entire Blade issue, I'm honestly surprised they didn't somehow squeeze Moonboy and the Devil Dinosaur in here.

But yeah the aftermath is still happening and that's where this shit is going to get worse. It's just the calm before the shitstorm.

Right, DD in CW was Iron Fist, but Matt's back. Seriously, arch, you (and anyone else) should read DD if you can, its one of Marvel's finest for years now.

Frontline 11 was shit.

No resolution on Stark's investments, and that cunt reporter made me naseous trying to tell Cap why america is about Paris Hilton and money, and he should be in touch with that shit, then tounging Stark's ass for a while? Man, at least the core book ended better.

Ok, Civil War...so I read the first...two, I think? I liked the art and the writing seemed to be building to something decent. But since I was curious and don't care enough about the Marvel U to need spoiler warnings, I went and read the wiki synopsis. Is it really as lame as that synopsis makes it sound? I mean...

a cyborg clone of Thor? Cap surrendering in the end because he's a goody-two-shoes? Namor and Captain Marvel?

Really? Because that sucks. When I get this in a trade, am I gonna regret it?