Hondo's Bar

Marvel: Civil War

The NZA

Civil War  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Matt's never been on the roster, is the thing.

And its more than Spidey and Cage...you read this month's issue of New Avengers? New teamates here & there, kinda explains how theyre staying underground, at least as long as Bendis has loose ends to tie...the whole "Breakout" thing that launched the book, he keeps hinting there's some massive consipriacy that ties into the currently corrupt S.H.I.E.L.D., but its the one thing he hasnt resolved yet, and this team is already talking about that angle again.

about them having Cap's body? from the looks of this month's New Avengers, im guessing yeah, but that's odd cause those two are supposed to be good friends.

all potshotting on you and chief's sellout boy aside, if Cap's actually dead, id like to see them get a good story or two out from that before he inevitably comes back. He died once in Operation: Rebirth in the mid 90's, when it was written by Mark Waid (Kingdom Come) and it was a really great story. Joe Q says someone else is gonna wear the mask, but that's not gonna fly for long, even if i do have a slight idea who they could run with...Steve cant stay benched for long.

Im wondering how much of this all is gonna tie into Planet Hulk.

if you haven't caught up, go to Demonoid.com. easy enough to DL, 2track.

actually, looking back on it Nick, I think it's only Ronin's hallucinating. Re-read that area when you get a chance...it ends too abruptly. How the fuck could they escape from that kind of trap?

2T - what are you missing?

and youre right arch, i need to re-read that issue, i came off confused and just waiting for the next issue to lay things out for me, bendis does that sometimes when he's in a hurry.

fuck, i mean, i think i just read that maya (echo, then ronin) is dead now, or was dead and then reanimated by the hand, and dead again, or....you know, id like to know who died at the end of civil war # 7 before i get all this thrown at me.

heh...ol' gayballs

Yeah, ASM # 539 actually.

arch:

do you think Cloak made it out? I dont know why, im just thinking he didnt. Joe Q said theyd reveal that not everyone survived the end battle, but i forget when he said they would.

Wish that Iron Man movie wasn't going to be made, so Tony Stark wouldn't be getting such a push. Didn't know it'd be possible for someone to be so boring despite being a soulless bastard.

Let's see...

Lots of things made no sense, and just felt rushed, despite how a lot of the story got later than expected releases. It just seemed like they were more interested in getting as many of their characters out there and pushing certain characters, than creating a really good story. I mean a lot of their decisions made no other sense. It could've been better. Much better. That said, I did enjoy it overall, I just can't get over this feeling of disappointment.

At least things didn't just "go back to normal" (but then, it doesn't feel over, either).

• 5 weeks later...