Hondo's Bar

MP3 recommendations

The NZA

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, SOF i tried a few, workin on the others - been good calls so far, even the ones i already had (PPK, Prodigy, Chem Bros & Moby - tho with Moby, you heard "God moving over the face of the waters"? I think everyone has, but its great nonetheless).

Between finished Symphony & For an Angel youve had some great calls so far, keep em comin! Gonna go get that Tiesto mix soon.   :D

Today it has come to my attention that Civilian's (chris cornell formely of soundgarden + rage against the machine) cd is now online.  That is huge fucking news to me.  What I've downloaded so far is awesome, anyone who liked soundgarden or rage at all NEEDS to download some of this stuff.  There's lots of fake stuff out, so only download songs titled "Track 1" through "Track 13" or songs by these names:

take it out on me

I'll wait for you there

lay your burden down

turn to gold

live in silence

If you're free  

get yourself a car

I am a highway

The Last Remaining Light

Light My Way

We Got The Better Bomb

Gasoline

Show Me How to Live

It sounds great so far, it's unmistakably rage that's playing behind Cornell, although some of it is VERY different from what rage has done before, which is nice, because, as great as rage was, they were getting formulaic.  So, dont miss out to hear a great band play with arguably the best rock singer alive.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, im sure we've all heard Eminem's new single "Without Me", another great track.

But the new album, from what ive heard, is great.  Try "White America" and "Square Dance" to see.  I havent heard the song he sings yet, but by far & away, my favorite song by the guy has to be "Sing for the Moment"; the beat & chorus come from Aerosmith's classic "Dream On", and its an unusually insightful song, really good shit. Check it out when youve got a chance. :frontman:

HELP!!!

-------

Can anyone here suggest a decent site for downloading music files for the mac?!? I tried a similar plea over at PD to no avail, as Kazaa and Audio Galaxy were the only ones suggested, but alas, not compatible for me mac!

Kazaa dont work with your mac? I thought they had a Mac version...might wanna ask over at Monty Python's, ill check with Yahven when he's around & see if he knows, we cant have a discussion on piratin music without another pirate! :D

Not much happening on this thread lately, lets see if I can get some new music into your ears

In anticipation of Tom Petty's upcoming show on august 7 (i know, a whole month away) I'd reccomend the Title track off his new cd "Echo." Petty is still as good as he ever was.

Don't know who's heard what from the band cake but if you're interested in them in the slightest I'd highly reccomend "Jolene" from their first cd.

And lastly, if you all haven't heard it yet, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers have a new song out called "By the Way"  I shouldn't even have to recommend that to you.  

Just an effort to get the thread started again with stuff I'm fairly sure you all dont have.

Thanks for the new Petty song, I'm liking it.

As for Cake, I quite like a song of theirs called "Friend is a Four Letter Word".

My own recommendation would have to be a band I've liked for years - Everclear. They have a reputation as a bit of a wannabe indie/pop mixture, but their old stuff is great post-grunge goodness. One song from each of their first three albums:

"Sparkle" from World of Noise

"You Make Me Feel Like a Whore" from Sparkle and Fade

"Amphetamine" from So Much for the Afterglow

• 2 weeks later...

Um, yeah, you're absolutely right about that, see what happens when you throw away cd cases and put shit in a cd binder, you never know song names, I really like that one though.  How to make a monster is Rob zombie, and we all know how similar rob zombie and everclear are.... :D   Anyways, good job clearing it up, now I can stop telling people to DL a nonexistant everclear song.

SOF - finally downloadin your next recommendations, ill get back to ya on em but keep em comin!

Few i got today:

-Dreadzone - Dream within a dream (off of The Saint soundtrack, fuckin great techno albulm if ya havent heard it)

-Fionna Apple - Across the Universe (Pleasentville)

-Nas - The Message, New World  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Eminem - (I cant be your) Superman

Another great track from his new album...i see why this one's sellin like hotcakes. For those open-minded souls who give rap a chance, you know this guy's good, try this one, its a trip. :D

Heard this the otehr day. Actually saw the music video. It was pretty funny, but in a goofy, not so deliberate way. Not sure if it was the video that really made the song for me, but check it out and tell me what you think: "When I Get You Alone" by Thicke

PS This is what sampling should be. One of my big problems with the hip-hop genre in general is the use of sampling. I don't think sampling is a bad thing in and of itself, I just think lots of 'artists' use it to carry the weight of their songs, and I think sampling should just be used to add to a song, not to basically be the song. This is an example, IMO, of how sampling can be used to make a song better but not be the bulk of the song.

Well, with a new counting crows album out, you know you're gonna hear some new reccomendations from me...

The new cd is amazing, every track is great, but I'd say my favorites are "black and blue", "up all night", "hard candy," and the single, "American girls"

Another damned fine album from a damned fine band.

• 3 weeks later...

Junker, Dinghy, anyone else even slightly inclined to Tom Petty - tho his "Gloria" (great Van Morrison cover) can be found on Kazaa, so can the piano version of "Learning to Fly", fuckin beautiful. Ya havta look tho, first couple ones i found werent it, only one guy actually had it. If i can make room on the FTP or somethin, ill toss it up there, really great song, gotta be my favorite by him.

IC remember i told you about a song by Hybrid?! Well my mate Burned me a copy of Live Angle (their Studio album) which is bitchin, but its the special edition with a full set recorded live in Sydney. I highly recommend it!

Wide Angle Special Edition its called! - Hybrid,

Other recommendations include........

Leftfield - Snakes Blood (From the Beach Soundtrack)

Redman & Gorillaz - Gorillaz in My Head (Blade 2 Soundtrack)