Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

Kimba's not really a prequel as much as the thing Disney ripped off for the Lion King. I wanna see something like Lion King: First Class where Scar and Mufasa X were cool with each other, then shit went down. Even in a Disney movie I'm not expected to believe that "Scar" is that dude's real name with things like Zazu and Rafiki running around. then again, I'm expected to believe that Nala and Simba aren't Brother and Sister/Cousin.

Edit: well apparently they already did a sort of prequel

Edited by axel_napalm

Huh. I just learned a bit too much about The Lion King from axel's link there.

I don't see why he's so surprised. If you're a king and you have two kids, one who sounds like James Earl Jones and one who sounds like Jeremy Irons...sorry,Jimmy Earl gets to be king. It's just logic.

Maybe you could quench your Lion thirst with this:

idi2z4.jpg

1zjjhf.jpg

Looks legit.

Why the fuck do you keep saying these things like you're not looking directly at the camera waggling your eyebrows.

Brilliant movie though, it took me a while to watch it too but I was genuinely wowed by how well-made it was. Worthy of the hype.

Last movie for me

600full-lone-wolf-and-cub%3A-baby-cart-at-the-river-styx-poster.jpg

SInce it has no english it's part 2, Baby Cart at teh River Styx. Best of the series IMO.

Watched the Live action version of Gantz today. Anyone familiar with the manga/anime will know exactly what the film will entail, though it is kinda neat to see what happens to the first round of guys "IRL" but otherwise just watch the anime or read the manga. Though it does end with a literal "TO BE CONTINUED" so who knows, maybe it'll be a trilogy with a bigger budget next time around.

ps i will fight baytor, DoJ, or anyone who tells you you should watch the sequel. not just some -1 them shit; like hit them with a rock.

Oh? So the sequel isn't as good as the original then? I was made watch the second one by a group of enthusiastic friends (we're not close any more)....I was not amused.

Since then I have avoided the original like the plague. I should check it out then?