Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

Watched The Hunger Games last week. It was good, but didn't live up to the hype. Hoping the next films are as good as people say, but frankly, I had been lead to believe this would be like the next Harry Potter, and it wasn't nearly that good.

Trudat. I had the same experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I reallllly want to see Cabin in the Woods. I'm a big JW fan; I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about it though. I've decided to just go in there without any preconceived ideas about what to expect, and hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised!

Also, I watched The Vow the other night with my roomie. The movie itself was kinda sweet, but the soundtrack was just fantastic. I actually ended up going out an buying it. I also laughed WAY harder than I should have when the closing song was "Pictures of You" by The Cure. She has amnesia...she's trying to remember her husband...cue sentimental Cure song about photos and remembering old loves. It was so cliche, and I just couldn't help myself.

Haywire

Story and acting is meh and the pacing was poor, but the hand to hand fight scenes are fucking brutal (if not a bit repetitive). They make those Bourne scenes look like something that's go down at the Pich pit after Brandon borrowed then lost Dylan's fave hair product.

Saw 21 Jump Street today. It was actually pretty damn hilarious.

Saw it yesterday. I agree it was pretty funny. A lot of chuckles at Tatum's deadpan delivery. Though I found there were not a lot of laugh LOL moments, but there were a few.

• 3 weeks later...