Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

They did a marathon of them on SciFi a few years back, they definitely have a Sideshow Bob and the Rakes effect when you marathon them and you start forgetting what the world is like outside Watchers. It's interesting watching them scrape the bottom of the barrel for leading men who are willing to star in this shit:

It starts off with Corey Haim, then we go to Marc Singer, then Wings Hauser, and then hit rock-bottom with Mark Hamill. I can safely say it's the low point of Hamill's career, worse than Guyver.

5119cFZOLJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Re-watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes on blu ray. Haven't seen it since the theater release last year, and it holds up. Great bonus features as well. I haven't heard word on a sequel to the prequel, but I hope this same team comes back and gives us a continuation of Caesar's rise to powah.

Snow White and the Huntsman. This movie was fucking awesome! I know the trailers aren't painting it as the most entertaining movie, but goddamn.... I'd wager it a step (only a step) below the Avengers in terms of entertainment. I'm sure that's no coincidence since Thor himself is in this. The dwarves were bad fucking ass also. They didn't cast real dwarves though, but digitally altered actual actors including Nick Frost, Ian McShane, Bob Hoskins, Ray Winstone and that one guy from Captain America and The Mist who shot Marcia Gay Harden. I daresay that Kristen Stewart was HOT in this! That's a first to be sure, but trust me she pulls this off big time. Trust me, I know you guys are skeptics by nature, but you won't regret giving this one a chance. Also, Troll fight FTW!

Just the facts:

This movie is a piece of shit and you should feel like shit for watching this shit. We went with a couple of friends that we invited and they were less than jazzed to see MIB 3. Yeah, I'm sure it wouldn't have been much better, but it would have at least been entertaining. We felt obligated to see this since we invited them so fine, we gave it a chance. FUCKING BORING ASS MOVIE. I wanted to fall asleep so bad. I dunno why they got those actors to play the dwarves. I like those actors, but even I felt insulted. The troll fight was shit. What you see in the commercial is what you see in the movie. Kristen Stewart is shit. This movie had lots of problems, but I'll give some prise to Hemsworth and Charlize Theron. Not much, but they weren't putting me to sleep.<br></p><p><br></p><p>In conclusion fuck this film. I can't really come up with a more decent excuse for seeing this than I gave above for seeing this.

Man, I was so sure I was coming in here to read a negative review. The way you were non-talking about it on MH's FB confirmed (in my mind) that it was crap. Glad to see it was good since Cathy is so dead set on watching it :)

You need to click my spoiler....

Goddammit, I knew I needed to make that more over the top lol. It wasn't good. Some folks really liked it in the theater though.

Edited by axel_napalm

Ok, Snow White wasn't that bad. I will admit that I was bored until...

the dwarves showed up.

After that, the movie was completely watchable.

Wait, you're gonna tell me you raved about The Last Airbender, but the best you can say about this film is "it wasn't that bad"?

cmon-son-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-298.gif

And axel was completely brown lippin' the this movie. I don't know who this new director is, but he shot the hell outta this film. It's a solid PG-13 fantasy film. However, the director did try and crib a bit too much from Peter Jackson though when it came to some of the dwarf stuff. But he was working w/ a flawed script (weak dialogue & a forced love triangle were the chief weaknesses) and a leading lady that has about as much charisma and talent as a paper bag. Charlize Theron's Queen was the most interesting character, apart from the dwarves. It's not a great film, but far, far from a terrible one. I'd give it a solid "B" rating.

And if they did a prequel set in the same world w/ the dwarves & Hemsworth's Huntsman, that could be a great film.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
smh