Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

I never raved about The Last Airbender. I just didn't think it was as bad as you all thought (those that I saw it with). I really liked the performance from the actor that played Aang and wanted to like it more. And that was BEFORE I started watching the series. Now, I think the movie is crap.

As far as Snow White is concerned, it wasn't as bad as Axel is making it out to be, but its no "B" neither. Not even Charlize Theron could save me from the beginning of that movie. Boring is an understatement. Like I said before, it wasn't until the dwarves made their appearance that the movie became watchable. Really, from then on the movie was salvaged, IN MY OPINION.

Differing opinions cannot be tolerated! Kill him!

I never raved about The Last Airbender. I just didn't think it was as bad as you all thought (those that I saw it with). I really liked the performance from the actor that played Aang and wanted to like it more. And that was BEFORE I started watching the series. Now, I think the movie is crap.

The series makes you realize "Oh, so those characters I saw in the movie were supposed to have, y'know, like...personalities! And be, what's the word? Likable! No wonder fans of the show hated that movie so much!"

Sure. Avatar: The Last Airbender was an American-made, 3-season animated series (it was planned from the beginning to tell a complete story in 3 season, it was not cancelled) that aired a few years back. It takes place in an East Asian-inspired fantasy world where there are 4 nations in the world: The Earth Kingdom, the Fire Nation, the Air Nomads and the Water Tribes (loosely inspired by, respectfully, the Chinese, the Japanese, the Tibetans and the Inuits). In each nation, there are some people who have a natural ability to manipulate their native element (earth, fire, water and air), a skill they must develop through training, which is executed through kung fu forms (based on Hung Gar style, Northern Shaolin style, Baguazhang style and Tai Chi style kung fu). There is one person who can manipulate all 4 elements, called the Avatar. The Avatar is the tasked with keeping balance between the 4 nations. When he or she dies, the Avatar is reincarnated and born into the next nation in the cycle and must relearn all the bending styles.

In the show, a 12-year old Air Nomad Avatar named Aang is frozen in a large block of ice in suspended animation by the South Pole. He is discovered by two Southern Water Tribe siblings. When he awakes, he discovers he has been in the block of ice for 100 years, and the Fire Nation has waged war on the 3 other nations for the 100 years he was frozen, including completing exterminating the Air Nomads, leaving him as the last living member of his on people. Having only trained and master Airbending, he must now travel the world as a fugitive of the Fire Nation and master the other 3 elements and defeat the Fire Nation before they completely win their war on the rest of the world.

In my opinion, the show is, on just about every level, one of the greatest fantasy stories every told. The are now in the middle of the first season of a sequel series that takes place 70 years later following the adventures of the next Avatar after Aang, which is also excellent.

Here's a fan-made trailer:

Edited by Reverend Jax

After all your hard work I promise that I will give it a shot some day during the week. I remember hearing it was good and my last pump-pal dug on it, but she had just turned 21 and was a fucking child so I didn't listen to her.

PROMETHEUS Piranha 3DD

So many titties. Also a piranha going into Katrina Bowden's cooch, biting onto a fellas schlonger which he then cuts off. This one's a winner.

Eh, that's not what I recall. I'm pretty sure you were promising to suck M. Night's dick for a cheeseburger, or something to that effect, when we came out of the theater.

Artist's rendering of Panch on the night in question:

76873_163684796995809_151840648180224_373015_1717849_n.jpg

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
don't be a menace, panch.

Woman in Black. I can now say that when I see Daniel Radcliffe, I won't always see him as Harry Potter.

The movie was interesting, even though it left a bunch of holes in the story. If it would have given a little more info, I could say it was better than I thought it would be.

In Time. Thought would be great, but then heard the reviews. Finally gave it a chance with lowered expectations and thought it was good. Cool Bonnie & Clyde meets Robin Hood story sci-fi story.

The Woman in Black. Nice little ghost story. A little boring at times, but delivers.

Edited by Panch

In Time. Thought would be great, but then heard the reviews. Finally gave it a chance with lowered expectations and thought it was good. Cool Bonnie & Clyde meets Robin Hood story sci-fi story.

Biggest pile of horseshit I ever did see. JTs hot mother needed to be in it a lot more.

John Carter. Shame it didn't do well cause it was actually pretty good. Definitely worth renting.

I thought that movie kicked ass. I'm sure it flopped purely because of the title. Your average horrid consumer scans down the list of movies on that night, they see a persons name for a title and think it's gonna be "all talkin' n' shit" because people name movies do give off that vibe. Had it been 'John Carter of Mars' like the comic then it mightn't have done so badly.

And like Ross said:

the-raid-poster.jpg

SEE. THIS. FUCKING. MOVIE.

Prometheus.

crap.

Been thinking about it all day. Man this movie had SO much potential, and there's a lot there to like....so much of it was just SOOOOO poorly executed.

Question:

I have no intentions on seeing it whatsoever, but just want to know are there 'aliens' in it? Spoil, spoil, spoil to you hearts content.

Axel and Crim speak truth about John Carter. Most underrated Hollywood blockbuster of the year. It's a shame the press has latched onto it as nothing more than a box-office bomb.

Plenty of them.

Any movie where someone uses a door frame as a weapon is worth its salt.

This is in theater now or can I find a decent torrent? I want to say I saw a trailer of this in the trailers thread. It's an HK movie, right?