Hondo's Bar

Randomize!

MetalHeart

I stole this from a meme on Livejournal, and I thought it would be interesting to put it on here... you don't have to do exactly what it says and you an mix is up if you like, but I kind of like the insight about the songs youlisten to and love.

"Load all the music you've got on your computer into your Winamp/Playlist/Whatever, and place it on random. NO CHEATING! Once you've got ten songs listed, tell us what the song/artist means to you. Who it reminds you of, what the song means to you, what time of your life it represents, etc."

1. Tori Amos - Not the Red Baron

2. Modest Mouse - Doin' The Cockroach

3. Bright Eyes - Nothing Gets Crossed Out

4. Radiohead - Idioteque [Live]

5. The Smashing Pumpkins - Ava Adore

6. Massive Attack - Eurochild

7. Paul McCartney - Promise to You Girl

8. The Smiths - How Soon Is Now?

9. 12 Rounds/Pale 3 - Just Another Day

10. Gary Numan - Music for Chameleons

1. Tori Amos - Not the Red Baron

mmm Tori. I love Tori. Her piano on this is beautiful.... It reminds me of my grandfather. He flew bomber jets in WWII. I remember listening to this song on the way to his wake.... It was freezing outside, but my dad and I love the cold (it was just us) so we had the windows down. My dad for the longest time thought Tori Amos was annoying and refused to let me listen to her in the car, but he let me a few times, this one being a rare occasion. I just remember crying on the ride there.

2. Modest Mouse - Doin' The Cockroach

Modest Mouse reminds me of mid-high school years, heh. It reminds me of Kristina, Kim, and Holli. It reminds me of summer snocones and chilling out in my room reading, re-arranging my things, or just staring out the window. Even though I hung out by myself alot those days I really really liked it... relaxing.

3. Bright Eyes - Nothing Gets Crossed Out

Honestly, I haven't really listend to this album at all. It's a good song though, actually listening to it now. I remember when I went to see Bright Eyes with Holli and CJ, hehe. I wanna do more things with Holli!

4. Radiohead - Idioteque [Live]

I got into Radiohead a little later than everybody else... I started actually listening to them about a year ago I guess. Anyways, they remind me of Danny, espeically this song. He insisted I listen to it, and that the live version was much better than the studio (and boy was he right). It's an amazing song, and an amazing band.

5. The Smashing Pumpkins - Ava Adore

I love this entire album. It reminds me of Holli (lots of Holli up in here! haha

6. Massive Attack - Eurochild

I'm ashamed to say I haven't really sat down and listened to much Massive Attack. Cj really digs them, and I really must listen to more of it... Reminds me of when we first got together and started rubbing our interests off on eachother.

7. Paul McCartney - Promise to You Girl

This song is off his new(er) album, haha. It's a good cd actually. I like Fine Line better, but you know haha. It has the quirky chords and piano that you're used to hearing in later Beatles albums. I picked the cd up at a Starbucks, haha. I think I was there with Kim, I think... and I bought it with money I should have saved haha. I'm glad I got it though.

8. The Smiths - How Soon Is Now?

Kim put about 2 or 3 Smith's albums on my computer in the old apt. I associate them with her... also, this song reminds me of that one TV show, haha. Charmed? Buffy? I can't remember. But it's a good song.

9. 12 Rounds/Pale 3 - Just Another Day

This is offa The Princess and The Warrior soundtrack. It's such a good movie, and it has such a gorgeous soundtrack. That's Tom Tykwer/Pale3 for you, though. 12 Rounds has some good stuff, too. The whole CD is easy to fall in love with....

10. Gary Numan - Music for Chameleons

Sup, Gary! I love you. I think that's all the commentary I need for you. This is his "earlier" stuff, but whether it's "earlier" or later, it's all such amazing shit.

Showing some SEN love to this thread!

Although I'm using my Ipod for this... My music is at home and I'm crashing at IC's lately.

1. Mr. Clean - Millencolin

2. My own summer - Deftones

3. SHe - THe Misfits

4. Hotel California - Eagles

5. The Widow - The Mars Volta

7. Pressure Drop - The Specials

8. I love my Dog - Sublime

9. Roulette - System of a Down

10. Wrapped around your finger - THe Police

1. Mr. Clean - Millencolin

Reminds me of my brother Los and his friends... I think I heard about Millencolin because of them. So yeah... Go LOS! Love you bro! It also reminds of a pre high school summer I spent with my cousin when all we did was listen to was punk/ska and played cards. Haha... those were them innocent days.

2. My Own Summer - Deftones

Reminds me of High School days. Back when people were starting to appreciate each other's music and not be labeled Rocker/Skater/HipHop/ Poser, whatever. Guess which one I was labeled? IF you said Poser, FUCK YOU! But if you said either Rocker or skater, right on. Skater only cuz I wore vans and I liked punk. Retards.

3. She - THe Misfits

THis song reminds me of being in early college back in '03 when i used to party at my friends apartment and her roomate was a huge Misfits fan! Total dyke and cocain addict but a hardcore Misfits fan none the less... It also reminds me of this guy... but nevermind. Moving ALONG!

4. Hotel California - Eagles

AH, taking me back to a time when I was a mere child. My dad loves this song so he would put it on a lot back in the days when he used to drink. Okay, so my drunk father thought he was clever and sang this song to me only because I was born in L.A., California. Wow. Haha... I miss my dad sometimes. (no he hasn't passed yet, I just don't live with him anymore)

5. The Widow - The Mars Volta

I took a road trip by myself three hours away from Miami to visit an ollll' friend last year in May. I had just bought the album. Those three hours were spent rocking out to TMV. As for the weekend with my friend... it was alright. Moving along.

7. Pressure Drop - The Specials

Again reminds me of my big bro Carlos and of An Extreme Goofy Movie (sequel to A Goofie Movie). They played this song in the scene where Max, his buddies and Goofy were at a club in some college town or something. I just thought it was cool. So yeah, this song is awesome.

8. I love my Dog - Sublime

Oh sweet sweet sweet Sublime. HOw I love you so! For some reason sublime songs remind of my first car that got horribly crashed last year :D I remember just rocking out to all my sublime music in my car. It was nice. This song is unique because it was live and I don't think it's in any of the albums they came up with... It's a rare song. If you have it then I stand corrected. If you don't and are a sublime fan, lemme know cuz I'll share the wealth.

9. Roulette - System of a Down

Break up song. The only time a guy cut it off with me, officially...( or second one... I don't even know). He was 17 and I was 18, I need not say how much fun that was. Well he was a sweet guy and everything was cool but all of sudden he busts out with this song and I'm like... waitaminute, " YOu like me and you want to be with me, but you don't?" He's like, "Yeah." I'm like, "So you still like your ex huh?" He's like, "I wish you and her would combine into one person and all my troubles would go away." He only liked me that much cuz he thought I was hot and because I played video games. I liked him a lot but alas, two years later, I found someone better. :misty:

10. Wrapped around your finger - THe Police

Also reminds me of mi Papa... Josue Bismark Espinoza. Haha... just wanted to say his name.

And it reminds of me of right now, cuz that's waht I'm listening to, again. :massacre:

i) Frank Black - Headache

ii) Ash - Goldfinger

iii) Attaque 77 - Un Poco de Respeto

iv) Beatnik Termites - You're All Talk

v) The Beautiful South - Old Red Eyes is Back

vi) Minutemen - Maybe Partying Will Help

vii) Iggy and the Stooges - Pentration

viii) Black Grape - In the Name of the Father

ix) Rose Melberg - Golden Gate Bridge

x) Mano Negra - Lonesome Bop

Jesus, that was some fucking song to start off with.

I remember the first time I heard this. The day before St. Patrick's day a few years back two of my friends and I went to my house to smoke a few joints. The thirstys kicked in so we said we'd go for "a pint". Four days later I came home. I first heard it some time on Paddy's day after lots of alcohol and ecstasy. Later that night I went to a party in some guy's house I didn't know (still fucked off my head) and some dude who was sitting next to me was stabbed. The next few seconds were a blur, everyone was running around, there was screaming and blood everywhere but for some reason I staying sitting where I was gurning away.

The cops were called and whoever was on the phone to them was informed to lock the doors. So I'm sitting in a room with a bunch of people I don't know, including the guy that got stabbed and the motherfucker that stabbed him. Finally the cops and the ambulance arrived and everyone was seperated for questioning. I was taken to the kitchen by myself and asked to give a statement. I was so out of it I didn't even know who was stabbed, let alone who stabbed the bastard so I told 'em:

"I don't even know these assholes, I'm only here for the beer"

Two stolen quotes. The former from "Army of Darkness" and the latter "Mad Magazine".

Suffice to say they let me out the door where I met up with another one of my friends who was in another room at the time so never got questioned to begin with. We popped another pill each and tried to figure out a way to get back to the house we started in earlier that day.

pending

The cops were called and whoever was on the phone to them was informed to lock the doors. So I'm sitting in a room with a bunch of people I don't know, including the guy that got stabbed and the motherfucker that stabbed him. Finally the cops and the ambulance arrived and everyone was seperated for questioning. I was taken to the kitchen by myself and asked to give a statement. I was so out of it I didn't even know who was stabbed, let alone who stabbed the bastard so I told 'em:

"I don't even know these assholes, I'm only here for the beer"

Two stolen quotes. The former from "Army of Darkness" and the latter "Mad Magazine".

We popped another pill each and tried to figure out a way to get back to the house we started in earlier that day.

pending

What a story teller!

*pulls chair. Waits patiently.*

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

got over 1400 tracks.

1. Miles Davis - Dear Old Stockholm

chillin

2. Joe Budden - Are You In That Mood Yet

dopest mixtape ever

3. Red House Painters - Over My Head

weird intro kinda ruins the album

4. The Gerogerigegege - Track 16

fucked up band. having fits on stage and gettin sucked off by hoover. no idea.

5. you say party! we say die! - teenage hit wonder

every the yeah yeah yeahs should be.

6. Autechre - Second Bad Vilbel

epitome of 'idm'

7. The Notorious B.I.G. - Intro

never pay attention to intros lol

8. DJ Krush - Kemuri

riddimmmmmm

9. Oceansize - Long Forgotten

don't think i've heard the album yet

10. Tragedy Khadafi - Never Die Alone Pt. 2

a proper g that doesn't get enough love