Hondo's Bar

In Cars

Freebird

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From wikipedia, the Caparo T1

Exterior

The exterior of the T1 closely resembles that of a racing prototype or Formula One racing car. It features a carbon fibre aerodynamic low drag body design, composed of individual sections, with an adjustable twin element front wing, single element rear wing, and fowler flaps, and a ground effect diffuser. The wings are replaceable with road and track variations.

Interior

The interior of the T1 is a basic two-seat configuration, lacking any amenities and luxuries to reduce excess weight. Offered are a head protection system, six-point harnesses for the driver and passenger, compatible with a HANS device, and is designed with a central safety cell made of a high-strength steel roll hoop with a fire system. The dashboard is multi-function with race data logging and speed sensors for traction control and launch control.

Chassis

The chassis of the T1 is composed of a carbon fibre and aluminum honeycomb monocoque with a front composite crash structure and a rear tubular space frame construction. The suspension is of a double wishbone design with tunable anti-roll bars, front and rear, and five-way adjustable race dampers. The braking system is composed of 355 mm steel brake rotors, with six-piston and four-piston calipers front and rear, respectively. The brake bias pedal box is fully adjustable and brake pads are available in various compounds.

Engine

The T1 sports a 3.5-litre, all-aluminum, naturally-aspirated V8 engine, lubricated via a dry sump system, although the original design for the engine was to be smaller and supercharged. The engine comes from Menard and began life as a Nissan-designed unit for the Indy Racing League . It generates a maximum power 575 brake horsepower (583 PS/429 kW) at 10500 revolutions per minute and a maximum torque of 310 pound-feet (420 N•m) at 9000 revolutions per minute, giving the car a power-to-weight ratio of 1223 brake horsepower per tonne, double that of the Bugatti Veyron. The engine is controlled via a fully tunable Pectel Engine Control Unit. The gearbox is 6-speed sequential made of a magnesium and carbon construction and has a variety of available gear ratios. At the end of the drivetrain is a limited slip differential and equal length hollow tripod driveshafts.

Performance

The T1 is reported to be capable of exceeding an estimated maximum speed of 322 kilometres per hour (200 mph) on a low downforce setup. From a standing start, it has an estimated 0-96 kilometers per hour (60 mph) under 2.5 seconds and onto 160 kilometers per hour (100 mph) under 5 seconds, depending on tyre setup. It is also capable of an estimated lateral acceleration of up to 3 g's and braking deceleration of 3 g's.

For anyone who has read that, and knows about cars.... They should be as excited as i am about it.

for those that just judge cars by the picture...

Caparo_T1_British_International_Motorshow_2006_195999165.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

My fav's the 1976 Chevrolet Impala Station Wagon.

76Chev_Impala_SW_steve.jpg

My 1st car was one of these, except mine was fire-engine red with limo tinted windows. It had a power rear windshield, which I thought was the coolest thing ever.

I believe it got something like 4 miles a gallon and it rarely started on the first attempt, but it holds a special place in my heart.

• 1 year later...

Im gonna be in the market for a car soon n I had my heart set on (for years at a time, mind you)a mitsubishi spyder for quite a while...

mitsubishi-eclipse-spyder.jpg

then more recently a mazda RX8 for the last couple years (suicide doors WOOT??@!#R%?!#$ :'D

mazda-rx8-side-3_95.jpg

And now Im moving towards buckling for the shelby

2005-mustang-gt.jpeg

I move away from the mazda after reading about all the oil leakage problems from gasket sealing? to the pt where they called back all 04-06 models... n they mite not be making a '10 version yaddayadda... I sw some picks of some concepts for the new rx(whatever) theyre about to release n i hate that design.. but they recently released a hybrid rx8 out in the netherlands so im confused even more... w.t.f. mate?

Plus Im still interested in the spyder somewhat but now im kinda droolin all over this shelby.. Im luvin it rite now..

Im all sorts o confused now.. anyone have any suggestions???

My fav's the 1976 Chevrolet Impala Station Wagon.

76Chev_Impala_SW_steve.jpg

My 1st car was one of these, except mine was fire-engine red with limo tinted windows. It had a power rear windshield, which I thought was the coolest thing ever.

I believe it got something like 4 miles a gallon and it rarely started on the first attempt, but it holds a special place in my heart.

wow i remember my dad used to have this car!

Only to American car hater Ross is the Cobra horrid looking.

The Delorian is a heavy ass ride. A neighbor of mine had one, immaculate condition. He was going to add all of the BTTF gizmos to it, but had to sell it in a nasty divorce.

That new shelby looks down right badd ass nasty! Looks like it is true ram air too.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived