Hondo's Bar

Surname of Comic forum

The NZA

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Other suggested ideas thus far -

bacchus:

Elysium fields/Fields of Elysium: Keepin the whole deity idea, this is where the favorites of Zeus played.

Jumbie:

Men In Tights got rejected for bein too much a parody, Wolverine's Love Shack was temptin but nah. Panel Discussion, Books with Pictures, Three Color Corner = nah, too.  Good one with Danger Room, tho.

Mulan (:kitty:):

The Dreaming - good, but im shootin for one that the masses can follow, so it helps if its in a movie, sadly.  Nothin too obscure.

hell's Kitchen - Not for here, but damn that'd be great if we ever wanted an Irish corner. She did supply Fortress of Solitude, tho.

Other obscure ones i quickly passed up: Oa, Apokalips, Avenger's Mansion, Baxter Building, MurderWorld (tho works for Fight Club, eh?), etc.

Myself, ill vote later tonite, after ive thought it out - Fortress is fun but doesnt convey the idea of the forum as well as Xavier's Institute, for me.  Danger Room, Batcave, even Hall of Justice (tho cheezy) aint bad, but still leanin towards Xavier's right now.

Guest DA JUDGE

or add a 'central' to the end, like say 'Mega City Central' or something! I also think a name like 'Forbidden Planet' would be cool, but of course the comic shop already uses that!

I like Fotress of Solitude well because I suggested it in the first place.  Superman is the most noticeable comic character out there.  And we people think of the Fotress they think comics.  Or how about Kirby's dreamland? :kirby:

Ok, here's the thing...im lookin for a somewhat clever name as well.

See, it needs to be easily recognizable, but also help serve the purpose of this corner's existence....I do like the Fortress, but it sounds like just me here if i do that, which is kinda sad -we broke 100 here today, dammit!

Danger Room works, strikes me as a good surname for Fight Club but i guess it works.

I personally liked Xavier's Institute 'cause it recent comics, its a sanctuary for mutants (how's that for comic fans? ha..), but more importantly, it exists to justify the existence of its group = ie, im tryin to justify comics as a legitimate art form here...

But then, Some folks seem to like the Batcave or the Hall of Justice 'cause theyre classic comic place names, and i cant deny that either.  

Hate bein indecisive like this, mind ya - ive been told to just alternate the forum's name, but dont like that either.  Fear not, i think its down to those contenders, will decide soon.

PS Sincerely, thanks to everyone who offered suggestions, they were all pretty cool, except "Men in Tights" :D

its a sanctuary for mutants (how's that for comic fans? ha..), but more importantly, it exists to justify the existence of its group = ie, im tryin to justify comics as a legitimate art form here...

That almost makes me want to pick the institute... but really, who's going to read into it that much?  People dont spend their time here analyzing the forum names... Something more immediately likeable I think would work better.

but really, who's going to read into it that much?

I know, but...Yahven, really.  He wanted it to fit the deity theme of the forum, and i just cant do that.  I think Xavier's would be more effective if i made the description fit the title, then - explainin it to serve as justifyin comics in society.

Ok then, of those finalists, which would ya go with: if not Xavier's Institute, then Batcave, Danger Room, or Hall of Justice?

After reading through the thread and after some thoughtful deliberation i think i will vote for Xaviers Institute, except i can't because it says on my screen i have already voted, Shit!, what did i vote for? Too much of the ole drinking & smoking's to blame me thinks! :thinking: