Hondo's Bar

Blargh - The Random Thread

The NZA

so..i turned on the TV the other day.. and what do i see? THE FUCKING DONNAS VIDEO ON TRL.. WHAT THE HELL east bay sinners have gone MAINSTREAM? i remember i saw them in SF back in 98....before you know it all my favorite indie bands will not be indie anymore but all mainstream and the new trend..and i won't be unique anymore..i'll start being like everyone else even though i was listening and into indie way before anyone else..god my head hurts just thinking about it... now i know how michelle felt when ' the used" went mainstream..even though their single is a damn good song..for emo anyway..

Ive been thinkin: I know its not nearly an American art form, but is techno in line to be the new jazz?

Dont get me wrong, i love jazz, i think its lack of marketability makes it one of the only forms of music out there that stays true, with few exceptions like Kenny G or shit like that.

But otherwise, the improvization, voice overs/samples, etc..mind you, im talkin good euro techno here, not our radio house shit.

Anyway, im seein something of a connection between the two.