Hondo's Bar

Blargh - The Random Thread

The NZA

"We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say, 'I'm a human being, god-dammit! My life has value!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!...You've got to say, I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' Then we'll figure out what to do... but first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

Edited by JunkerSeed

I've been listening to the radio up here quite a bit, and some thoughts occur to me.

Girls, if you're going out with a guy who looks kind of emo (skinny with a beanie, or 80's nostalgia clothes) go easy on him, will ya? If you don't we're just gonna have to hear a whole fucking album about it, and nobody wants that. Your name's gonna be all over that cd and people are gonna be like "how could you be so mean to that guy??" You know what? Now that I think of it, it's kind of like extortion! "Bitch you dump me, I'm gonna write an album about you! I'll title it 'Jessica Rodriguez cheated on me with 3 different guys after she said she loved me.' The first single will be called "Because of her I cry myself to sleep"! So, my point is, just take it easy on these guys... If you're mean enough to them they'll have enough material for 2 cds. I think a few dozen girls should take the hit for all of us and start marrying these emo kids so they can't be sad anymore and write more albums. I know it sounds like a tough solution but these dweebs are keeping me from hearing the new perfect circle song on the radio and that's just no good.

Oh, and to keep in theme for today, boy does that yahve guy suck...

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehethat was pretty funnyhehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

This post-modernism thread in Xavier's reminds me of how hard it is to get good comic talk.

Most boards/groups, there's 2 kinds:

The fanboys: "They should bring back the Micronauts! And Ultimates suck, cause its something different! They should keep rewriting the classics; those are so good, i bet that's what sex feels like...with a girl."

and, the eletists: "Frankly, i dont read any of this superhero poo-poo; i only read indy titles, such as Scott LahkeyBlahkey's "?", which isnt even printed; its beamed into my mind, and there's none of this freudian cape nonsens and BLAH BLAH BLAH..."

I swear, i used to bitch when i got artistic, :D or one of em to reply with "yeah, its good shit" but overall, that's 10x better than these other fucks.

PS 2T my good chap, youre in a league of your own.

• 3 weeks later...

Hah...im glad some of ya are startin to wander in; its 5AM and i still gotta get the offical invites out, that'll take till 6 or so. Fuck me, but the new avatar & smiley sections took forever.

You know, the rest of you should really tone down the "end is nigh" and rebel talk, its done now...