Hondo's Bar

Blargh - The Random Thread

The NZA

"Doom 2099 sees the whole class warfare / corporation thing going on in America and decides he needs to take over America in order to save it from itself. Kinda Squadron Supreme-ish.. He sees the outbreak of superheroes as something he needs to get a handle on..

So he gets a cabinet together, establishes a secret police (SHIELD) headed up by the Punisher.. deputizes GHOST RIDER 2099 to patrol the highways.. and establishes a mutant utopia to protect them (and to keep an eye on them).. medical care is now availible to all, the dirty skies are being purified.. etc.

Spider-man is offered a position in Doom's ministry but declines. Doom establishes some cheap form of food product with nanobot technology (I think)..

Anyways, the bad guy attacks Latveria, and Doom makes him pay tenfold..

2099 was a cool place to read about.."

Rumsfeld said the 660 or so men held at the Guantanamo Bay naval base are imprisoned not as punishment but "to keep them from going back and fighting again and killing people." He said most would be held until the global war on terrorism is over - a fight that Rumsfeld has said could last years, if not decades.

The defense secretary said he expects some suspects to be tried before military tribunals but prefers that most continue to be imprisoned indefinitely.

Talk about being a victim of the fucking times...you think your ass is gonna be remembered in there next term...?

"If I were the president, I could stop terrorist attacks against the United States in a few days. Permanently. I would first apologize to all the widows and orphans, the tortured and impoverished, and all the many millions of other victims of American imperialism. Then I would announce, in all sincerity, to every corner of the world, that America's global interventions have come to an end, and inform Israel that it is no longer the 51st state of the USA but now -- oddly enough -- a foreign country. I would then reduce the military budget by at least 90% and use the savings to pay reparations to the victims. There would be more than enough money. One year's military budget of 330 billion dollars is equal to more than $18,000 an hour for every hour since Jesus Christ was born. That's what I'd do on my first three days in the White House. On the fourth day, I'd be assassinated."

-William Blum

William Blum left the State Department in 1967, abandoning his aspiration of becoming a Foreign Service Officer, due to his opposition to the war in Vietnam. He then became one of the founders and editors of the Washington Free Press, the first "underground" newspaper in the capital. He now is an internatonally recognized critic of the U.S. government and the CIA.

Edited by 2track

Random thoughts

Ya know, the movie making end of this shit might not be so bad after all... Got a class I have to make two short things for and a club I wrote a stupid ass ten page script for and I'm enjoyin it all. The "Cinema studies" major I've got might just turn into a "Film Pending." Though in this fuckin place (about 200 film pending students, about 30 get in per year) that means I'll end up a cinema studies major, but it's worth a fookin try. So, worst case scenario is that i major in what I'm majoring in already, which I love so far, but maybe I could film this shitty script (or a better one) and submit it as my portfolio and see what happens?

in light of junker's post may I present...

THE SHITTY SCRIPT

by 2track

© Lowest Common Denominator Films 2003

EXT. STOOLIE'S NIGHT-CLUB, NIGHT.

EIGHT SPORTS CARS ARE PARKED OUTSIDE OF STOOLIES. ANOTHER PULLS UP. SCREECH GETS OUT AND WALKS INTO STOOLIE'S.

INT. STOOLIE'S NIGHT-CLUB, NIGHT.

SCREECH WALKS UP TO A TABLE IN THE BAR. SITTING AROUND THE TABLE IS A.C. SLATER AND ZACH MORRIS. THE ARE DRINKING WHISKEY AND SMOKING CIGARS.

SCREECH:

Hey, will ya look at these to fuckin' fucks!

ZACH AND SLATER STAND UP. ZACH TAKES SCREECHES HAND AND SHAKES IT.

ZACH:

Screech! Shit man, it has been a long, long time.

SCREECH:

Too long, am I right?

ZACH:

Yeah, you're fucking right, how you been doing, man?

SCREECH, ZACH AND SLATER ALL STAND AROUND. A WAITRESS IN A LOW CUT TOP WALKS PAST THE TABLE.

SLATER:

Hey, toots, three Glenfiddichs over here.

SCREECH:

Shit, man, I've been low. There ain't been alotta work since those Valley sons a bitches burnt down Bayside.

SLATER:

Tell me about it.

SCREECH:

What gets me is that nobody did two things but Jack and shit to get those mother-fuckers back. What happened to the old days? Whenever Valley fucked with us we'd get 'em back two-fold and now....now...nothin'.

ZACH:

Yeah, but back then we were a bigger outfit that they were. Now Bayside is just a turd-fly of a school.

SLATER:

It's a shame but what can we do?

THE WAITRESS COMES BACK WITH THREE WHISKEYS. SHE GIVES THEM OUT. SLATER GOES TO REACH INTO HIS POCKET.

SCREECH:

No bother, A.C. I got this one...

SCREECH TAKES OUT A MONEY-CLIP FULL OF HUNDREDS AND HANDS THE WAITRESS ONE.

SCREECH:

There ya go toots, keep the change.

WAITRESS:

Thanks mister!

THE WAITRESS WALKS OFF.

SCREECH:

I'll tell ya what we can do; we can get over to Valley and hit 'em like they've never been hit before.

ZACH:

Wait a minute...you ain't talking about what I think you are are ya?

SCREECH SMILES AT ZACH AND SLATER.

SLATER:

Screech...are you back on the horse, man? You can't be serious!?

SCREECH:

Oh but I am. We're gonna get over to the Valley Campus and steal their mascot.

ZACH WIPES HIS BROW.

ZACH:

Shit, man...this is heavy..I mean...we've done some crazy ass shit but this...this takes the biscuit...I mean what'll the Godfather say?

A HAND GOES ONTO ZACH'S SHOULDER. ZACH LOOKS UP TO SEE MR. BELDING.

MR. BELDING:

I say we're on.

Whatdafugginfuck? I can see a big ass cool ad for the forthcoming ghostbusters comic book not a red x...Fuck that...have I finally gone off the deep end or have you??! Huh...maybe I'm the only sane one and you're all the crazy ones...ever thought about that...huh...huh...? No..you havn't...AUUUGGGHHHH...They're watching me again...who watches the watchmen? Information overdrive...AUUUUGGGHHH...Thong-th-thong-thong-thong...I can hear songs in my head...Madonna's "Holiday" looping over and over....when will it all stop??!!!!

She's givin' me the creeps

The girl I knew is dead

She says her armpits are hairy 'cause it's natural

So why does she shave her head?

Her legs are hairy logs and she's got earrings in her face

What's with this hippy bullshit anyway?

She's "Dawn" Quixote

You can sell your LSD in a dirt lot now

'Cause People's Park is free

The bums that she calls homeless people still aren't eating now

And the broads that she calls womyn still get raped

She wallows in her words

Semantics mean much more than action in her moronic world

Well, I extend my most heartfelt apologies

For being white and male without a cause

Good stuff...I actually have gold covered copies of Weapon X, Generation Next and whatever the name of the AoA 2 core X-books were. Never really dug AoA - I thought it was pretty cheesy, around that and the spider-clone fiasco I stopped being such a hardcore collecter. Damn ruining my funnybooks!

Tomorrow I'm gonna ask can I bid for this liddle pic. Don't wanna be spending anyone elses money now do I? If it goes over 20 clams though fuck that...hmmm....maybe I could write Mahfood and demand a pic...he's been a favorite a mine since the Generation X Underground special, then when he did Clerks I was sold. It's all about the thick outline I tells ya!